Constitutional carry- what’s different other than no permit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as the title says. Sorry if there’s another discussion about it but since I really don’t have the patience to figure out the new SDA handbook and just do this would make an easier resourceful topic to discuss, what’s changed? In other words, what are the things we can’t do anymore unless we have a permit? I think the one thing I did make heads or tails of was that unless you have a permit, you can no longer carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol.

As far as the reciprocity, that’ll probably be a whole other topic since that deals with other states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe this is what he's referring to.

https://osbi.ok.gov/documents/sda-law-book

"TITLE 21 § 1272.1 CARRYING FIREARMS WHERE LIQUOR IS CONSUMED
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry or possess any weapon designated in Section 1272 of this title in any
establishment where low-point beer, as defined by Section 163.2 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, or alcoholic
beverages, as defined by Section 506 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, are consumed. This provision shall
not apply to a peace officer, as defined in Section 99 of this title, or to private investigators with a firearms
authorization when acting in the scope and course of employment, and shall not apply to an owner or proprietor
of the establishment having a pistol, rifle, or shotgun on the premises. Provided however, a person possessing
a valid handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act may carry the concealed
or unconcealed handgun into any restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense low-point beer or
alcoholic beverages where the sale of low-point beer or alcoholic beverages does not constitute the primary
purpose of the business."

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what’s the deal with carry? Can we carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol without a permit and just not consume alcohol or can we not carry at all in there unless you have a permit?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what’s the deal with carry? Can we carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol without a permit and just not consume alcohol or can we not carry at all in there unless you have a permit?

Thats what I want to know also. I eat at several restaurants that serve it. If fact, cant think of one that doesnt other than fast food.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I've read the old standard still stands. If the establishment's primary focus is food but they do serve beer or have a separate bar area, you are good as long as you do not drink any alcohol. If its primarily a bar but serves food, you can't carry.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1272.1 says otherwise.

If you have a permit you can carry into a restaurant that serves alcohol. If you don’t have a permit, it appears you can not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom