Constitutional carry- what’s different other than no permit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep trying to tell people it's not Constitutional Carry but they don't listen.

It is Oklahoma's version of Permitless Carry.

The state Constitution needs to be amended to further protect this right.

Join the crowd. When folks have to post 100's of times for a "clarification" about the law, that is NOT CC. And the restrictions? Don't get me started.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't find the old "how long have you been waiting for your permit" thread, so I just read through the entirety of this one.

Just got my renewal, took just under 30 days. I THINK the last time I did this my renewal took a lot longer. Pretty sure my initial took something like 119 days or something.

Did the 10 year renewal this time, $170. I agree, I think it could be lower, but... well, it is what it is. As dennis said above, the chances of having a fee reduced or eliminated by the .gov is pretty slim - although I think it is slightly lower than it used to be. I want to say it was $100 for 5y and $200 for 10y before, wasn't it? So it's a tiny bit lesser now.

Either way, I'm happy to have my permit again.

There is one other circumstance where I believe having a permit in Oklahoma is of benefit, other than the one debated so much in the first half of this thread (carrying in a restaurant that serves alcohol).

I could be wrong, but I believe ONLY with a permit you can leave a firearm in your locked vehicle on school property. At one point, that was illegal, if you left your vehicle, and there was a firearm in it (actually I think even a single round of ammunition qualified!), it was a felony. At some point they amended the law to allow permit holders to leave their firearm in their locked vehicle. This was a major deal for me, with a kid in public school.

Now, I have not seen anything that justifies that same right (privilege) to the non-permitted individual under our new permitless carry system. Anyone have any wisdom in that regard? Again, IANAL, and my recollections may be amiss, but I would be interested in knowing for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom