Loot, Or What Did You Get That Isn't Gun Related?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gots this. I haven't tried yet.

View attachment 440238

and this
that was bad out of the box

View attachment 440239

I remember after school going to dad's office and waiting in the lobby around
Christmas time. They had some really cutting edge and new stuff in their window.

The first was the all aluminum Christmas tree with color wheel. and the red Lava Lamp I could watch for hours.
View attachment 440241

View attachment 440245
Love those retro lava lamps. They are hypnotizing.
We got lots of quality time with sons, grandkids, nieces, Nephews, great nieces and nephews.
Got some new coffee beans to try and some Jack Daniel pecan Pralines.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember the silver tree and color wheel mom tried it one year and unless my sister has trashed it in the last couple of months it is still somewheres in the garage or shop mom didnt throw anything like that away she still had my baby bed (which my 2 brothers and 2 sisters used along with my daughter 31 years ago all with the same mattress which i still have) and some of the toys.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a Buck knife and some shirts from the kids; a Harbor Freight "pelican" case and ratchet strap/zip ties/multitool asst from in laws get together; and some assorted stocking stuffers this morning...plus gun stuff 😉
How do you like that case? Is it the rifle sized version? The reason I ask is because I was pondering getting one for my new rifle.

As for non gun things I got, that would be 4 new tires for my truck. Unfortunate I got those for myself. I really wish someone else would have bought them for me. 😭😭😭

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you like that case? Is it the rifle sized version? The reason I ask is because I was pondering getting one for my new rifle.

As for non gun things I got, that would be 4 new tires for my truck. Unfortunate I got those for myself. I really wish someone else would have bought them for me. 😭😭😭
This one is the mid sized pistol case. I have 3 of the bigger handgun cases, but none of their long gun cases yet. I like the ones I have, I would not hesitate to get one for long guns if I needed one.
20220421_095020.jpg
20220421_095029.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a great Christmas, like me overstuffed myself and enjoyed family and friends. One of the unique to me gifts was a stocking stiffer. Not something I had ever seen, thought I wanted, nor would like to use, but something I am going to keep handy this winter in case I do have to get out on the ice.

Product called Duenorth Traction Aids. Nifty little rubber band contraption to easily stretch over your shoes or boots in just a minute or so and gives you tungsten spikes for when you have to get out on the ice. Kinda like tire studs for your car only for your feet.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gots this. I haven't tried yet.

View attachment 440238

I've had one of those Cut50DP plasma cutters for several years...maybe 5 or 6. For a little machine it works great. With a little patience it'll cut REALLY thick stuff, too...you just have to make a few passes. For the money they're pretty hard to beat. I recommend picking up one of the pack of consumables: nozzles, electrodes, shield cups, etc...

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I gave each other the flu for Christmas! I actually think I got it for her first though. We’ve spent the long weekend coughing and hacking at each other because it’s best as a shared experience. :)

Regardless, we did call everyone and wish them a Merry Christmas. It wasn’t the worst because everyone else is doing good.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)
This! Wife and I are both sick. Told the kids that Christmas will have to be next weekend.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we are on a retired fixed income we usually get “together” or practical gifts and most of the time “if you can’t eat it or wear it..,,don’t need it”. However this time we bought a set of needed tires for the ATV used at the hideout. Unmounting and mounting tires for an ATV is a whole other learning process.
IMG_4639.jpeg
Much harder than an auto. Also got this “retro” record player, CD, AM, FM, Bluetooth beauty for the off grid cabin. Wife likes it so much I may have trouble relocating to the cabin

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My family finally listened to me when I was asked,,,
"What do you want for Christmas?".

I always reply "Food".

I got a nice basket of goodies from them,,,
Canned ham, canned pineapple slices, and canned goods for side dishes.

They also added tons of great snack food that I never buy myself,,,
Every time I reach into that basket and retrieve a goodie,,,
I'll be thinking good thoughts of them as I munch.

Nothing says I Love You like sustenance for the body.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom