Loot, Or What Did You Get That Isn't Gun Related?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we are on a retired fixed income we usually get “together” or practical gifts and most of the time “if you can’t eat it or wear it..,,don’t need it”. However this time we bought a set of needed tires for the ATV used at the hideout. Unmounting and mounting tires for an ATV is a whole other learning process. View attachment 440335Much harder than an auto. Also got this “retro” record player, CD, AM, FM, Bluetooth beauty for the off grid cabin. Wife likes it so much I may have trouble relocating to the cabin
I feel your pain, trying to change dry-rotted tires on my '85 JD Hydro 185 lawn mower with just large C-clamps, MC tire spoon, and pry bars. Apparently slime tire sealant doesn't hold up well when used by turning into a brown mud like gunk.
20231029_161445.jpg

:puke::puke::puke:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain, trying to change dry-rotted tires on my '85 JD Hydro 185 lawn mower with just large C-clamps, MC tire spoon, and pry bars. Apparently slime tire sealant doesn't hold up well when used by turning into a brown mud like gunk.
View attachment 440383

PM sent.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 440383
What I wasn’t aware is that ATV tires have a double bead. I tried all the YouTube tricks and was able to break the front tire beads finally but then had hard time getting the new ones to bead. Hibdons finally did that just by putting more air in than I was comfortable with at home. I was never able to break the bead on the larger rear tires and none of the tire companies would have anything to do with them. Finally found a guy with a bead breaking hand tool that worked. If I had known I could pick it up at Home Depot I would have. Only about $80 and I paid the guy with the tool $60

https://www.homedepot.com/s/Tire bead tool?NCNI-5

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I gave each other the flu for Christmas! I actually think I got it for her first though. We’ve spent the long weekend coughing and hacking at each other because it’s best as a shared experience. :)

Regardless, we did call everyone and wish them a Merry Christmas. It wasn’t the worst because everyone else is doing good.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)
Luckily it's just me, but I ended up getting a nice case of covid for Christmas. I guess I REALLY didn't want to do that tile job in the laundry room after all.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the chop saw I always wanted but didn’t exist until about 2 years ago. Since then I’ve been watching reviews to make sure it was the way to go. I absolutely hate using a regular chopsaw for 45’s cuz it’s a hassle. I use my handsaw most of the time. Finally a metal cutting saw that has a swinging head. Now I’m gonna need to build a rolling stand for it.
F3471103-EFEA-4DB3-A73E-705439392AB1.jpeg
ED0D37F4-6469-413E-AA67-9002855C091F.jpeg

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gots this. I haven't tried yet.

View attachment 440238

and this
that was bad out of the box

View attachment 440239

I remember after school going to dad's office and waiting in the lobby around
Christmas time. They had some really cutting edge and new stuff in their window.

The first was the all aluminum Christmas tree with color wheel. and the red Lava Lamp I could watch for hours.
View attachment 440241

View attachment 440245
I've got a lava lamp like that now.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the chop saw I always wanted but didn’t exist until about 2 years ago. Since then I’ve been watching reviews to make sure it was the way to go. I absolutely hate using a regular chopsaw for 45’s cuz it’s a hassle. I use my handsaw most of the time. Finally a metal cutting saw that has a swinging head. Now I’m gonna need to build a rolling stand for it.
View attachment 440471View attachment 440472
Nice saw, I have their lower end model I just bought about 4 months ago. You'll love it.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife gave me a pair of Pink Floyd leisure pants to wear around the house, a Bluetooth speaker that uses a battery like my power tools use, an antique tin Jaguar toy car for my collection, and some tooling for my lathe. We buy what we need and usually what we want year-round so Christmas isn't a big deal to us as far as gifts go.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we are on a retired fixed income we usually get “together” or practical gifts and most of the time “if you can’t eat it or wear it..,,don’t need it”. However this time we bought a set of needed tires for the ATV used at the hideout. Unmounting and mounting tires for an ATV is a whole other learning process. View attachment 440335Much harder than an auto. Also got this “retro” record player, CD, AM, FM, Bluetooth beauty for the off grid cabin. Wife likes it so much I may have trouble relocating to the cabin
I've been breaking down ATV tires and remounting new at home since the 80's. It's easy.
Get a couple of the tire spoons for bicycle, put the tire/rim on the ground flat, and run over the tire just outside of the bead with the truck or car to break the bead while looking out the window to see your close to the rim, but not on it.
The rest is easy, just work the bead over the rim with the spoons and remount the same way.
Don't try to use screwdrivers vs the spoons. The bead on the tire will break ruining the tire or the rim will be damaged.
Don't use WD-40 to lube the rim when remounting. (it will be embarrassing if you do. ) Use soap in spray bottle.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 440471View attachment 440472
I have a saw with a rotating head. Your gonna love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom