Cotton Bowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'll be a big surprise if he makes it. He's a horizontal QB who most of his yardage is off screens. Not much of a vertical passer. Doesn't have enough ball speed to thread the needle at the next level. He is the epitome of a system QB. I like him and he has done a lot of good but I don't think he is a next level playa. I wish they would change the way they credit yardage. It should be for yards past line of scrimmage down field with no yac included. Same for receivers except they only get yac yardage. You can still give the credit for a TD for having the vision to get it to the right player but even that should be scrutinized. How many K's does a catcher get credit for in basball. He's called the QB of the diamond. Some of these football numbers are like the people who are in make believe coach land. Fantasy!!!

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only reason OSU is not the "legacy" school of the state is because Mr. Iba refused to take the bribe money from the state Congress to pay players to come play at OSU. It is as simple as that. It was offered to OSU first and turned down. OU had no problem taking the money and started paying players. This is well documented as fact. OU has continued to cheat and steal their way to the top. Hell, they don't even have to try anymore, when they get close to a first down, they just give it to them. I have watched countless downs where the ball was clearely down 2-3 feet short of the sticks and the refs give them the extra bit they need to get the first. Those are often key points in a tight game. OU fans always fail to see it, but the fact of the matter it, OU players are often paid, their familes get new houses, cushy jobs and when they get caught, it is a slap on the wrist. That is how it works for the "big schools". Dez Bryant got a year suspension for getting scared about a non-violation but Auburn gets a clean pass when it was well documented that their star QB was being shopped around for cash. OU gives out keys to gas pumps, suspends players only to have them reinstated right before OU-Texas. UT, alabama, florida, Ohio State, they all do the same crap. Now sometimes the NCAA drops the hammer on a big school, but that is extremely rare. Instead, they give the big schools a slap on the wrist and then crucify an up and coming school for show.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GIG'EM AGGIES!!

with all the bad calls and injuries on the OU side only way we could have won. Just warming myself up for the excuses i will hear on monday. Never that A&M is a better team. Just bad calls and landry not throwing the ball right..etc.etc..

lol

Well, this I know..... ATM will always be known as the Quitters. If they had stayed in the Big12, they would likely have been Big12 champs. Butttttt noooooo, they got greedy and had to go where the money was (psst... thats why the helmet decal is ATM). Just think, they probably would have beat Texas!!! LOL Anyway, they could be playing 'Bama for the National championship had they stayed loyal. As I said, Aggies will forever be known as the Quitters.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only reason OSU is not the "legacy" school of the state is because Mr. Iba refused to take the bribe money from the state Congress to pay players to come play at OSU. It is as simple as that. It was offered to OSU first and turned down. OU had no problem taking the money and started paying players. This is well documented as fact. OU has continued to cheat and steal their way to the top. Hell, they don't even have to try anymore, when they get close to a first down, they just give it to them. I have watched countless downs where the ball was clearely down 2-3 feet short of the sticks and the refs give them the extra bit they need to get the first. Those are often key points in a tight game. OU fans always fail to see it, but the fact of the matter it, OU players are often paid, their familes get new houses, cushy jobs and when they get caught, it is a slap on the wrist. That is how it works for the "big schools". Dez Bryant got a year suspension for getting scared about a non-violation but Auburn gets a clean pass when it was well documented that their star QB was being shopped around for cash. OU gives out keys to gas pumps, suspends players only to have them reinstated right before OU-Texas. UT, alabama, florida, Ohio State, they all do the same crap. Now sometimes the NCAA drops the hammer on a big school, but that is extremely rare. Instead, they give the big schools a slap on the wrist and then crucify an up and coming school for show.

That's the biggest bunch of crap I have seen on OSA in a LOOOONG time!!! If anythings been bought in the last 20 years it's been OSU's program, only it's called a gift or donation in our politically correct times now days. MOST of you poor cowboys can't help it, OU will always be the bar you measure yourself by!!!

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this I know..... ATM will always be known as the Quitters. If they had stayed in the Big12, they would likely have been Big12 champs. Butttttt noooooo, they got greedy and had to go where the money was (psst... thats why the helmet decal is ATM). Just think, they probably would have beat Texas!!! LOL Anyway, they could be playing 'Bama for the National championship had they stayed loyal. As I said, Aggies will forever be known as the Quitters.

This is just ridiculous, you sound like a butt hurt OU fan. Quitters? Why, because A&M wanted to go to what they felt was a better situation for the program? The SEC provided an opportunity to gain national attention and better recruiting potential. It worked! And had they not laid an egg with five turnovers and two missed field goals in a five point loss to LSU they would have played in the BCS Championship game.

Gig'Em Aggies!

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I didn't see them quitting last night ?? They looked more like the energizer bunny... They kept going and going and going ! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom