Coyote Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they'll bring at the NAFA auction in Canada, OK coyotes can vary greatly. $10-12 frozen whole if you sell to a local buyer.....with good fur and no rubbing or damage.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ah....just saw your post while i was typing.... looks like ill be umpiring a few more years... you want a job that's no fun? try umpiring college and high school baseball for a few years while everyone is telling you how bad you suck on every pitch..... lol.... actually I enjoy it but this world is full of idiots

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know of three OK trappers who caught over 100 coyotes each this season. There's a ton of them out there.

And that won't even put a dent in the overall population.

I grew up in the 50's seeing coyotes hung from every fence post for miles down country roads. They used airplanes, poison, dogs, traps and guns. The Government had a bounty on them of $3 to $7 dollars per pair of ears, depending on what year you killed them.

My uncle and his cohorts used mules and dogs to chase them down at night. A mule won't stumble over a ditch or barbed wire fences like a horse will at night.

The coyotes won, they are still here. Incredibly smart animals.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love hearing ol sound doggies howlin at night. I'll kill one and won't hesitate, but I like them. Welcome back Sticky, btw. Get your ass a 4wd or I'm gonna start calling you a city slicker.

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coyotes around where I was raised are smart you drive out in the pasture and they are hauling a** especially if you stop the truck but they're hunted hard with guys hauling greyhounds in the back of their trucks. The coyotes have learned what sections are safe from being surrounded by hunters and that's where they head to when spotted plus they have learned it's safe close to houses and city limits. When I was a kid they could use a plane to spot them but someone made it illegal so they don't kill as many as they used to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom