Coyotes in the Snow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck. Let us know. I had an invite earlier in the week to go do some calling Saturday evening. We'll see if that holds up.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made a few stands in the blowing snow and never called in a thing. When I pulled up to one spot, I saw what I thought was a coyote walking along the field edge about 150 yards out and got out the rifle quick for a shot. He stepped behind a tree but I thought I had enough to shoot at but did not hit him. When I went up to check for blood, the tracks were IDed as bobcat and we started tracking it looking for blood. It ran across a pasture road about 50 yrds in front of me where the line of brush ended but I could not stop it for a shot. That was all the excitement we had all afternoon. I do not like the scope covers but one would have sure been nice today walking in and out of stands as the front lens kept filling up with snow. We are supposed to go do some calling and pheasant hunting tomorrow out by Pond Creek and Wakita. Maybe they will be hungrier by then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom