CZ owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, the most reliable handgun in the world is derived from the CZ75 design!

http://www.gunblast.com/Sphinx.htm

I read that one competition shooter bought a Sphinx, fired it from a ransom rest, then went on to put about 60K trouble-free rounds down it, and fired it from the rest again. It grouped like it did when new.

The Sphinx locks on the ejection port and does not have locking lugs.

I'm saving my ducats. One of these days, I'll have one.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was actually about to start a new thread, but this one is so close I figure I'd just ask here.

Can anybody tell me how the EAA Witness pistols stack up against the real deal CZ 75s? I'm seriously considering picking up a EAA witness SS wonder.

I understand that the EAA is a CZ clone but I'm wondering about comparing the over all fit/finish, accuracy, reliability, etc.

Is the EAA just as good or is there a reason why the price difference?

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was actually about to start a new thread, but this one is so close I figure I'd just ask here.

Can anybody tell me how the EAA Witness pistols stack up against the real deal CZ 75s? I'm seriously considering picking up a EAA witness SS wonder.

I understand that the EAA is a CZ clone but I'm wondering about comparing the over all fit/finish, accuracy, reliability, etc.

For a shooter, I think they're great. I've never compared them side by side, but the couple I had (had a 9mm also) were both great firearms. Never paid that much attention to the fit and finish on them. They looked okay, and they went bang every time I pulled the trigger. So I was happy. For the money, I think the EAA is a great gun. And a real sleeper.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Fit is better on the CZs
The Wonder finish is extremely hard, but it's not stainless. You still have to treat it like blued.
On the EAA you can rack the slide with the safety engaged. Nice for clearing the pistol at home.
EAA's customer service is horrible.
Caliber conversion kits are cheaper for the EAA.
Trigger is a little better on the EAAs right out of the box vs the plain CZ75B
The EAA grip diameter is larger than the CZ75.

If you're set on a Witness and have the extra ducats, just get the Witness Elite Match. It's worth the money.

www.reedsammo.com sells EAA pistols here in OKC, that's where I bought mine. He doesn't have a customer counter so you will still have to do an FFL transfer.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine has the CZ-40. I've shot it quite a bit and liked it, but never really had the urge to own a .40. If they'd made this design in 9mm I would have snapped one up in a heartbeat.

I think there is a subtle difference in the grip shape. You might fondle both and see which you prefer. The trigger shape is different, the Witness has a shorter reach and better shape to the trigger than the older CZ-75B's. I like the shape and reach of the EAA trigger better but CZ may have fixed this with the new Omega trigger on the 75B. In spite of the long trigger reach, I have the CZ-75B because overall I prefer the feel of it. I might pick up a couple of more pistols in 9mm I don't think they will ever replace it as the favorite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom