CZ owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
CZ75, a true classic. Shot a bunch of them, but for some reason never owned one. During my third tour to Germany 85-90 there was a very large influx of CZ75's into the Rod&Gun clubs there. Now these were the original one's with the baked on finish, but there was so many that most of them were priced around 150.00 to 200.00 bucks. At that time you could get 4 to 5 times that in the states, cause CZ75's were in high demand, but not alot of them to go around. Lots of guys were buying four to five at a time, and bringing them back to sell. I probably would have too, but was more interested in getting all the Walthers I could, cause they were cheap too!!

Maybe one day I'll get me a CZ85 since I'm a southpaw.

Cheepshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a CZ40P that I love, and wouldn't trade for. I think they're not being made anymore? There's a CZ 40B, but it is a different frame that isn't as nice and ergonomic as the P01 frame on the 40P. All the CZ's I've ever shot or handled have been truly fine guns. I'd like a 550 Full stock rifle in 9.3x62 or 7x57 (or one of each!), a safari model in .458 Lott, and A CZ97B (the 45!). Ah... dreams.

Jpt

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hummm Where is Ez Bake?

Haha - I think the CZ thing is almost as common a thread as the long-range shooting one or the cheaper red-dot optics one.

I'm definitely a CZ fanboy, but I like my Sigs better. I had a CZ75B and sold it (like a douche) and the Kadet kit I had and ended up buying the kadet kit back and picking up a P-01.

I love the de-cockers, but that's just a personal preference. I had a hard time carrying my P-01 due to the CZ compact's spleen-piercing beaver tail, but the proper holster fixed that and I'm pretty good about not impaling myself with it nowadays (that beaver tail makes for a super-comfortable grip, but man when it gets you in the side, it sucks).

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a CZ 75B in 9mm and I like it.

One thing that I do if I am going to shoot a whole bunch of rounds through my CZ pistol is to put a Band-Aid on the web of my shooting hand. The tang is too narrow and it tends to wear the skin off if I don't protect it.
Other than that, it is a great pistol.

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the CZ Rami 40p. Been very pleased with it. I ordered the fixed white dot rear sight from CZ and replaced the adjustable one. No problem with function so far.

Reaction score
Just wanting to here your thoughts !

Mine are, I'm a Ceska Zbryovska Uhersky Brod man through and through.

Their big bore centerfires (550s) are outstanding.

Their small bore centerfires (527s) are outstanding.

Their rimfires (452s) are beyond outstanding.

Their handguns (75, etc.) are excellent to outstanding.

Their Huglu-made shotguns are very very nice for the $$.

The VZ 58 is very cool, but a bit pricey.

I'm looking hard at this new semi-auto .22 they are coming out with.

Very little not to like about CZ. I dry fire CZ 550s more than any other rifle type (sweet set triggers). I carry a CZ 85 combat more than any other pistol except the new Kahr. My CZ 453 Varmint in .17 Hummer is probably the last rifle I'd part with, if forced to liquidate. Etc., etc.

I'd say my favorite gun makers, not counting "AR15 and AR10 makers as a whole", are:

1. CZ
2. Marlin
3. T/C
4. Remington
5. Savage
6. Smith & Wesson

Stay tuned fellas - the euro is fixin to tank, due to Greece and Portugal's impending insolvency (and the subsequent bailout by the rest of the EU countries), so when the euro gets even weaker than our pitiful US Dollar, European imports will be relatively cheap once again - will be time to snap up those CZs, Steyrs, HKs, Sakos, Tikkas, etc., probably starting in 6 months to 1 year.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had a cz-82 i didnt like it much because of the backstrap would dig into the fleshy part of my hand between my thumb and 1st finger

I had the same problem with my 82. I have to slightly adjust my grip when I fire it or it bites me a little every time. Not a huge deal, but I do with that area were a little more ergonomically correct.

-S

Latest posts

Top Bottom