DA seeking death penalty for man who shot cop during a no-knock warrant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because someone identifies themselves a cop doesn't mean they are one. It's not unheard of for BG's to break into a house pretending to be cops conducting a raid.

Yeah, I understand it's picking up in frequency. Add that to the villains painting the ends of their "gats" orange and it's a perfect recipe for all kinds of the wrong people getting shot.

What is the criteria for a no knock, anybody know?

Convince a judge the suspect will destroy evidence.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I was a cop, I wouldn't want to be on a no knock team for anything…why not jack the dude up on his way out for taco bell?

Seems like too much risk with little to no value added compared to other methods.

Driven by testosterone. Its a hell of a high to break through a door, and clear the room/rooms.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Convince a judge the suspect will destroy evidence.[/QUOTE]

The only common thread in the couple of stories I have read is drugs, so that makes sense. Weapons were only known prior on one story.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is why I said I think, here is the article.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/swat-team-deputy-killed-serving-knock-warrant/

The Bryan-College Station Eagle writes that Magee “has a felony and misdemeanor drug conviction.” According to Texas law, a resident with a felony arrest may own a weapon IF 5 years have elapsed since the felony conviction or end of parole. The weapon must be kept at the individuals home. None of the sources make it clear if this statute applies to Magee.

It's still a federal crime to possess one after a felony (or misdemeanor DV) conviction, regardless of what Texas says.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They way I see it is if the police forcibly enter someone's home without announcing themselves and they get shot it is what they get. If someone breaks into my home I am shooting. Period. But you know how it goes, if anything is done to a cop no matter if it was justified, you will be crucified for it. It is the same for a cop to wrongfully shoot someone. They will usually get off. They aren't above the law.

maat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, no knocks are unconstitutional and have no place in a free society. This guy should be released and charges dropped. The home should be considered sacred ground and trespassed for very few reasons. Drugs would not be one of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom