Dallas World Aquarium...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be an aquarium at the fairgrounds in Dallas. Anybody know if it is still there or when it closed? CB

Its there and merged with the Dallas Word Aquarium. Its somewhat smaller than the one on Griffin Street, downtown. The LEOs I spoke with, after ending up at the State Fairgrounds, kept trying to convince me to go in and do that one. Then they saw the burnt orange pull over in the back of my car and said "Oh, youre an enlightened Oklahoman, you want to go here..." and gave me directions to Griffin street.

So you OU guys dont get mad at me,... the burnt orange pullover was just the result of me going golfing and needing something for the cooler weather while in McKinney. My real colors are red and white, not crimson and creme, but close enough, eh? Go Huskers.... ewps, did I just say that out loud?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fairgrounds aquarium blows. The dallas world is really nice took my son when he was 4 then I took the family there 2 years ago, they had added the underground caves and mayan/aztec portion to the complex right before we went. It is worth the price of admission.

If you get to new orleans the aquarium of the americas is another really great aquarium to visit along with the audubon zoo.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do have the ok aquarium just across the river from tulsa...

Yeah, but compared to the DWAZ,... its nothing. Not knocking it, cause at least we have it, but dang... I really wish OK would get with the program. I'll be the first to admit to a long standing loath relationship with Tejas, but after my last trip including the aquarium, pappasitos and pappadeuxs, I am second guessing where I will retire.

I love Oklahoma, but there is a lot we could learn from other states.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya'll who are knocking the Jenks aquarium in relation to the Texas ones should remember that the DFW area has a population about 5 times larger than Tulsa County. Heck, it's almost double the whole state of Oklahoma. The comparison is unfair.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll who are knocking the Jenks aquarium in relation to the Texas ones should remember that the DFW area has a population about 5 times larger than Tulsa County. Heck, it's almost double the whole state of Oklahoma. The comparison is unfair.

I am by no means saying that there is some advantage while neglecting the disadvantage in population. What I am saying is, that I would love to see OK step up to the plate.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice pics, Whitey.
One of my sons, and family live in Lewisville. Next time we are down, I'll make a point to take them there.
I need to be horse whipped, as I've been to the one in Nawlins', San Antonio, but have not made the OK version in Jenks.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Oklahoma, but there is a lot we could learn from other states.

a2.bp.blogspot.com__HRy5vqIgOPk_SsBIeRtaAXI_AAAAAAAABFM_uAqnxm89812f9fd1d1f0215a99de5bb8bdf3cc.jpg

Damn it Walter,..Your out of line,..man...!

Just kiddin,..I hate Texas though....

Latest posts

Top Bottom