Dating Single Moms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except for she VASTLY underestimated the enemy. :blush: You don't have to be smarter than the ex- ... just more stubborn -- and meaner ... lol

I have to admit I had excellent training. I'd been dealing with a professional psycho my whole life (thanks, Mom!). The old man's ex- and her family were used to bullying people into giving them what they wanted. I'm more of a "take no prisoners" kinda gal. Those ladies, and I use the term "ladies" VERY VERY loosely never really stood a chance. :rubhands::sunbath:

If we continue on to more serious things and he comes back, he'll be in for a rude awakening.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dating is a short play where you give your best performance and go home to great accolades each night. Marriage is writing and directing the play and hoping it's a hit.

One of my boys was dating a REAL high maintenance chick. I mean she had him jumping through hoops like a well trained whale. He told me one night that he thought he was in love with her and was thinking about asking her to marry him. I REALLY thought he was smarter than that, but he was REALLY smitten with her.

I told him if he was happy with her, then he had my blessings as he was a man and as such was able to make his own decisions about his life (he was all of 19) but that he needed to remember that in relationships what you have is not what you get. He asked me what I meant and I said "Relationships NEVER get better when you get married. On the contrary, they almost always get worse."

He broke it off with her a week later. She tried for a year to get him back. I was never so proud of him as I was when she showed up here looking for him bawling and squawking about how she couldn't live without him. He told her she should have thought about that before she treated him like he was disposable.

Last time I heard, she was on marriage #4 (they are all in their mid-30s now). He's been married to the same gal for 10 years now. They are still happy as the day they got engaged.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my boys was dating a REAL high maintenance chick. I mean she had him jumping through hoops like a well trained whale. He told me one night that he thought he was in love with her and was thinking about asking her to marry him. I REALLY thought he was smarter than that, but he was REALLY smitten with her.

I told him if he was happy with her, then he had my blessings as he was a man and as such was able to make his own decisions about his life (he was all of 19) but that he needed to remember that in relationships what you have is not what you get. He asked me what I meant and I said "Relationships NEVER get better when you get married. On the contrary, they almost always get worse."

He broke it off with her a week later. She tried for a year to get him back. I was never so proud of him as I was when she showed up here looking for him bawling and squawking about how she couldn't live without him. He told her she should have thought about that before she treated him like he was disposable.

Last time I heard, she was on marriage #4 (they are all in their mid-30s now). He's been married to the same gal for 10 years now. They are still happy as the day they got engaged.
Very cool.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have dated single Moms before and some were great people just not right for me. Others, well there was a good reason they were single, like the ones just looking for someone to take care of the kids since baby daddy isn't in the picture. Last one i dated for about six months then she said i had to either sell my guns or lose her. I am no great prize but wasn't about to sell my guns.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have dated single Moms before and some were great people just not right for me. Others, well there was a good reason they were single, like the ones just looking for someone to take care of the kids since baby daddy isn't in the picture. Last one i dated for about six months then she said i had to either sell my guns or lose her. I am no great prize but wasn't about to sell my guns.
Man'd up didn't ya! :clap3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom