Dating Single Moms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Miller, I adore you but your wife is MUCH better company.:bolt: :giveup::rotflmao: Besides, you'd get frustrated trying to set me on the straight and narrow. :mosh::hey3:I'm perfectly happy just the way I am, knowing full well I am not everyone's cup of tea. :bighug:

You are probably right that she is better company, however, you might find that she is more inclined to try to get you on the straight and narrow than I would.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch a single mom with a 10 foot pole.

Why deal with someone elses seed?

If i'm going to deal with some kid, i want it to be my own.

It also depends on the situation, i guess. Was she a teen mother with bad decision making skills?

Or is she a widow?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing most of you are talking about single moms with younger kids. What if the kids are out on their own - would that change your attitude about avoiding such women?

I've dated several women who had kids from HS age to post-college age, and it wasn't an issue any time.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if the kids are out on their own - would that change your attitude about avoiding such women?
Not if marriage is even a remote possibility. As mentioned, dating is a whole 'nuther ballgame from marriage.

Grown kids are often overly protective (and sometimes quite jealous) of a single parent, and some will be more concerned about losing their inheritance to a prospective suitor. Again, much can be learned by watching daytime court TV.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are probably right that she is better company, however, you might find that she is more inclined to try to get you on the straight and narrow than I would.

Haha! That might very well be. But so far we've been too busy talking about sewing machines to get into the 3 things you never discuss (politics, religion and money).

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a lot of people don't read through all the posts. So I'll summarize.
I'm 25. No kids. One year divorced from a 5 year marriage.
She is 29. A 3 year old. Dad isn't around, she hasn't spoken with him for months, separated for a year.
I broke my personal rule of "no kids" because of how much I like her for multiple reasons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom