Moms flip out over tweet telling them to send their kids to school on time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the responses (and quote tweets) to this pretty simple comment are pretty sad.

I doubt most of the moms who feel their kids experience the same "mental health day" needs as an adult completely refuse to admit to the role they play in making their kids crazy by how much they baby them.

Last edited:

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter fights every day to get her kids up and where they need to be. It aint pretty to watch, Adults I grew up around had less tolerance for obstinate whiners thàn she does but she gets it done without violence, and utilizes strict dietary stuff to deal with their behavior. Dont let kids eat processed crap and their behavior improves, I know it even applies to me, eating right keeps me from bitchin so much

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
its about money .. some US government school programs are based on attendance and the more kids in class ,more money to the school..

This, pure and simple.

And I am SO glad those days are behind me. I had a principal call me at work one day and tell me I could not drop my kids off at the school before 8 am anymore. I asked if they were misbehaving. No, that wasn't the problem. Just class didn't start until 8:20 and 7:45 was too early.

I always made sure they had eaten breakfast, had their homework done and had a book to read while they were waiting on school to start and that they knew if they caused any trouble before school started there would be hell to pay when I found out about it. 🤷🤷🤷

There were already adults at the school when I dropped them off, so they were not unsupervised -- or unattended. 🤷🤷 Nope. No reason other than she "just didn't like kids being there earlier than 8 am". When I told her I worked downtown, we lived too close for the boys to ride the bus, but far enough away and in a rough enough neighborhood I was not comfortable with them walking (Tulakes Elementary -- you guys who know KNOW) she told me maybe I should quit working and go on public assistance. Btw, I heard the exact same thing from a principal at Quail Springs Elementary when the boys were enrolled there.

****ing admin and teachers don't give a **** about anything but what affects them. (And none of y'all are gonna change my mind so go ahead and tell me how rough teachers have it. 🙄🙄🙄)

Last edited:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to pick my kids up after school and had a teacher tell me i needed to pick them up earlier cause they didnt have the time to watch them and i was only 15 min late due to my work schedule and told her i had to work and she let me know she didnt care and i informed here that she was getting paid to watch the kids while they was at the school and just because they decided to do a early release for some kids she would watch them or pay me to take off early and i even had a talk with the principal about it and told her the same and never heard another word about it.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an Oregon escapee to the amazing state of Oklahoma I gotta say public schools here (at least our area’s) are miles ahead of Oregon’s. It was either Oregon or Washington that passed some law that kids can take up to two weeks of mental health days without notifying parents. They passed a law that you can graduate without being able to read, write, or do math. They also protect pedophile teachers by transferring them to other school districts instead of doing their mandatory reporting legal obligation and getting said pedophile locked up. All that to say when we got here and enrolled out kids in public school for the first time ever, we were very impressed with how well the schools run. No tolerance for tardiness, not to mention bad behavior. I have noticed that the strict timelines here for when to drop off and pick up has also been a good discipline builder for parents as well and we’ve adhered to a more strict schedule in the morning routine.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter fights every day to get her kids up and where they need to be. It aint pretty to watch, Adults I grew up around had less tolerance for obstinate whiners thàn she does but she gets it done without violence, and utilizes strict dietary stuff to deal with their behavior. Dont let kids eat processed crap and their behavior improves, I know it even applies to me, eating right keeps me from bitchin so much

Dude, cut out all carbs for three days and see how clearly you think. If you really wanna feel good just go straight carnivore. When I do it, it is the best I have ever felt. Game changer. Just gets boring 😕

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an Oregon escapee to the amazing state of Oklahoma I gotta say public schools here (at least our area’s) are miles ahead of Oregon’s. It was either Oregon or Washington that passed some law that kids can take up to two weeks of mental health days without notifying parents. They passed a law that you can graduate without being able to read, write, or do math. They also protect pedophile teachers by transferring them to other school districts instead of doing their mandatory reporting legal obligation and getting said pedophile locked up. All that to say when we got here and enrolled out kids in public school for the first time ever, we were very impressed with how well the schools run. No tolerance for tardiness, not to mention bad behavior. I have noticed that the strict timelines here for when to drop off and pick up has also been a good discipline builder for parents as well and we’ve adhered to a more strict schedule in the morning routine.

Yeah ... That strict guideline is just that. A guideline. To tell a single parent, who was working 2 and 3 jobs at a time, getting no child support and had no support system at all that she could rely on to force her kids to walk through a dangerous neighborhood so the staff at the school would not be inconvenienced is unconscionable in my opinion.

If I'd been a meth-shooting, cocaine-snorting, alcoholic welfare queen who beat her kids just for breathing they would have bent over backwards to accommodate me. These people are just like everyone else -- it's all for the kids until it inconveniences them in some way and then OH MY GAWD somebody better get busy clutching their pearls. 🙄🙄🙄

Latest posts

Top Bottom