Moms flip out over tweet telling them to send their kids to school on time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My granddaughter teaches English and this year she’ll also cover History on the 6th Grade Level in OKC. My best friend’s wife is a recently retired Broken Arrow Tech Ed Teacher, and my great granddaughter’s mother is a teacher in TX. I’ve heard more about what’s going on in Public Schools than I care to know. Several years ago, the Tech Ed Teacher was shoved against the wall by an unruly student and her shoulder was injured. She was instructed NOT TO CALL POLICE and to allow administration to handle the 13 year old punk. He was back in her class before the end of the week (I presume the School Administrator was a proponent of Obama’s Promise Program).

My opinion is that School Administrators are, all to often incompetent with more concern for implementing ‘progressive’ social change than insuring that kids actually (God Forbid) learn something. There are good school systems, but they’re not like when I was young. I’ll remind you that the National Teachers Union successfully petitioned the FBI to investigate parents who were vocally opposed to indoctrinating children in Critical Race Theory. That group is greatly responsible for the deterioration of the effectiveness of education in the United States The renounced progressive educator, John Dewey, would be proud. Here is one of his quotes when he was serving as the US Commissioner of Education 1889:
“Our schools have been scientifically designed to prevent over education from happening. The average American (should be) content with their humble role in life, because they're not tempted to think about any other role.” His work lives on; need I say more?
Correction: “The ‘renowned’ progressive educator, John Dewey,….”

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What school does that?

I don't know that any school does that. I wasn't implying one did. But I do seem to recall Deer Creek schools might have had something saying that so many late arrivals would be an issue, but I'd need to try and find an old student handbook from when our girls attended to confirm so don't quote me on it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quoting a politician from 1889 really isn’t relevant today

. What are you being told by your family members? Are they teaching CRT? Are they working to insure that education is not working?

I don’t know that any parents were actually investigated because of their response against CRT.

Oklahoma schools are not indoctrinating students in progressive topics.

I agree that consolidation of districts would save some money, but that would likely have no effect on subject matter.
You'll never know what DoJ did or didn't do because they "can't comment on active investigations". They neither confirm nor deny because doing so would imply they actually know what their own people are doing. Or not doing.

I can't say I believe the next to the last sentence. There's a LOT of fur flying at TPS these days and you can definitely see some of the conditioning in the students they're parading on the news. I'd believe that overall, "Oklahoma" schools as a whole aren't teaching progressivism. It's really just certain districts, which are the usual suspects for all the other issues as well.

Just like I doubt there are that many Oklahoma teachers affiliated with the AFT or NEA, but the NEA affiliate (OEA) still counts around 15K members. Their memberships have been dropping quite a bit over the last several years, which probably has something to do with their values being out of step with Oklahoma's traditional values. However, 15K is still a significant number.

If even a fraction of them are all in on NEA's messaging, that's quite a bit of progressivism being taught to kids in Oklahoma. They don't have to teach a full curriculum of CRT, to get the CRT message some traction with the kids.

The way society works today, there's probably not much room in even a two-parent household's schedule for overseeing and requesting curriculum changes in their kids schools. That's assuming the school will even be transparent about their curriculums, which more than a few seem openly hostile to sharing. The best bet would be aligning with parent associations that share your values. They'll have more clout to obtain and examine curriculums and investigate problematic individual teachers than any single parent(s).

Still, if you've got kids in school, you're doing them and your community a disservice if you're not at least asking them what they learned and what happened in school each day. Even if it doesn't elicit actionable intelligence on what and how their schools are teaching them, it at least shows you care enough to ask how their day was!

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still, if you've got kids in school, you're doing them and your community a disservice if you're not at least asking them what they learned and what happened in school each day. Even if it doesn't elicit actionable intelligence on what and how their schools are teaching them, it at least shows you care enough to ask how their day was!
So true, this is what every parent or gardian need to be doing. Sadly, there are a lot of parents that are on auto pilot these days, and could not tell you what is going on in their kids lives.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll never know what DoJ did or didn't do because they "can't comment on active investigations". They neither confirm nor deny because doing so would imply they actually know what their own people are doing. Or not doing.

I can't say I believe the next to the last sentence. There's a LOT of fur flying at TPS these days and you can definitely see some of the conditioning in the students they're parading on the news. I'd believe that overall, "Oklahoma" schools as a whole aren't teaching progressivism. It's really just certain districts, which are the usual suspects for all the other issues as well.

Just like I doubt there are that many Oklahoma teachers affiliated with the AFT or NEA, but the NEA affiliate (OEA) still counts around 15K members. Their memberships have been dropping quite a bit over the last several years, which probably has something to do with their values being out of step with Oklahoma's traditional values. However, 15K is still a significant number.

If even a fraction of them are all in on NEA's messaging, that's quite a bit of progressivism being taught to kids in Oklahoma. They don't have to teach a full curriculum of CRT, to get the CRT message some traction with the kids.

The way society works today, there's probably not much room in even a two-parent household's schedule for overseeing and requesting curriculum changes in their kids schools. That's assuming the school will even be transparent about their curriculums, which more than a few seem openly hostile to sharing. The best bet would be aligning with parent associations that share your values. They'll have more clout to obtain and examine curriculums and investigate problematic individual teachers than any single parent(s).

A few years ago, back when my kids were mostly still in school, I wound up as the PTSA president for Southeast High School. School and principal manage to not take any action on any of our concerns. Didn't see a whole lot of indoctrination into leftist causes, but they had a biology class with no microscopes. No exposure to using a microscope. Also, cell phones were totally banned at school, despite the school advertising itself as a Technology school. They should be learning how to use tech appropriately, not being prevented from using it. My youngest gave up on them, dropped out, took her GED, and started college the semester she should have started her sophomore year of HS. Just shortly after her 16th birthday she was a college student. She'll be 26 later this month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom