Moms flip out over tweet telling them to send their kids to school on time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh shove it. You know exactly what I was referring to. How in the world do you think schools are ran?

What's your issue with me bring up the folks responsible for dealing with the kids who get dropped off at the schools? How do you think schools make it without individual teachers? Really? That's what you took away from my comment and decided to whine about?

You just seem to be very good at being obtuse . . . My reply to both you and the original one I replied to was pretty clear and didn't discount or misrepresent what was said. You decided to interject your hot take about how horrible public schools can be because they don't cater to parents and therefore some private school is only answer because they're so much more special.

You fail to address a single point I made but instead chose to nitpick and play passive aggressive here. Which based on the last thread we went back and forth in seems to be YOUR way to discuss things.
LOL, public schools are getting a bad rap because they focus on the wrong things. Then they want to whine and cry because no one understands them and how awful they have it. Woe is me.

Get over it. You’re not special and you never were.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Exactly ... Poor "overworked" things ... 🙄🙄🙄

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Read the tweet again. "Send them on time...."

The school still gets their gov funding if they're late....nothing was said about being on time to pick up your kid in the tweet. The tweet could actually be because they have your child's best interest in mind....was a little surprised at some of the OSA comments as well.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
2:30 and she is just in the 1st grade
She won't know that 7:45 is early or an issue if an adult doesn't tell her otherwise lol. Not saying you're complaining about it, but kids in prek through 2nd or 3rd grade who have specific complaints about school, hear those from their parents, rarelyif ever do they develop those on their own. That's how the dislike for school and authority begins....

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I didn’t misunderstand anything. Who do you think deals with the day-to-day issues in those school systems? You seem to think you can have one without the other.

Maybe you should get better at stating your position. You don’t have a clue about my usual default position.

You think a private school isn’t going to have specific drop off and pick up times too?
Private schools do have specific drop off and pick up times, and most are capable of billing the parent if it becomes a problem. Parents don't want to pay extra so problem solved. Check out the attendance rates on some private schools sometime. Just because parents are paying $5k-$20k a year doesn't mean anything. Had a guy tell me the other day that his school doesn't have excused or unexcused absences anymore. You get 8 days per semester, whether you're gone for flu or a family cruise. Miss more than that, you go before an attendance committee and they evaluate your absences and determine whether or not you'll get credit for that semester or not. If it's excessive or ridiculous, theyll just tell you that you'll need to continue your education somewhere else and have a nice day. He said that has pretty much cured chronic absenteeism. Another perk of a private education.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She won't know that 7:45 is early or an issue if an adult doesn't tell her otherwise lol. Not saying you're complaining about it, but kids in prek through 2nd or 3rd grade who have specific complaints about school, hear those from their parents, rarelyif ever do they develop those on their own. That's how the dislike for school and authority begins....
I wasnt complaining was just stating that our schools start and end earlier than some and the kid did love school and couldnt wait for it to start back this year til things went south but we are dealing with it. She had some bad drama in her life before coming to us and they had a active shooter drill and it trigger the drama experience in her by the way they done it but we are working on that and she has settled down again and then there is a couple of boys in her class that like to pick on her we have let the teacher and principal know about it and they are keeping a eye on the 2 boys.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I wasnt complaining was just stating that our schools start and end earlier than some and the kid did love school and couldnt wait for it to start back this year til things went south but we are dealing with it. She had some bad drama in her life before coming to us and they had a active shooter drill and it trigger the drama experience in her by the way they done it but we are working on that and she has settled down again and then there is a couple of boys in her class that like to pick on her we have let the teacher and principal know about it and they are keeping a eye on the 2 boys.
Not sure if Bartlesville still runs this way but the elementary schools and middle schools used to run from 7:40 to 2:30 because of busing logistics. Hopefully she grows out of it, sounds like she's in a good place with folks who love her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom