Moms flip out over tweet telling them to send their kids to school on time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my father demanded that we be up chores done breakfast eaten bath taken and crapped before the buss ran and we were expected to be standing ready for the buss door to open and we step in. but mom and dad did their part too. breakfast was on the table clothes clean and in the drawers etc. was also taught as a yungin to have your bowel movement at home and not at work. neighbors kids were the same so it wasn't like we had it any better or worse than anyone else.
Yeah i had to get up at 4:30 every morning to get the milking and other chores done before catching the bus every once in awhile when i was dragging my butt i had time to run thru the back door sitting milk pail on table and run out the front door just as the bus came to a full stop in front of house.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t misunderstand anything. Who do you think deals with the day-to-day issues in those school systems? You seem to think you can have one without the other.

Maybe you should get better at stating your position. You don’t have a clue about my usual default position.

You think a private school isn’t going to have specific drop off and pick up times too?
My statement was perfectly clear and so was the one you replied to originally. YOU brought individual teachers into this discussion, because that’s where your personal bias lies.

Once again, you may want to let your wife the teacher explain this to you.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yikes . . . adults already being in the school doesn't mean the kids can be dropped off before the time allowed. It just doesn't. Unless there is a before school program with assigned staff where the kids are kept until it's time to go to their classroom.

Well then you might want to take that up with McKinney Stringer & Webster. They really didn't give a **** and I didn't have Instragram and TicTok to go whine about it on. 🤷🤷 I was just a mom doing the best she could to keep a roof over my kids' heads, food on their table and shoes on their feet. I really am sorry me having to drop them off 15 minutes before the "allowed, designated time" in convenienced everyone SO much. 🙄🙄

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well then you might want to take that up with McKinney Stringer & Webster. They really didn't give a **** and I didn't have Instragram and TicTok to go whine about it on. 🤷🤷 I was just a mom doing the best she could to keep a roof over my kids' heads, food on their table and shoes on their feet. I really am sorry me having to drop them off 15 minutes before the "allowed, designated time" in convenienced everyone SO much. 🙄🙄
When were you dropping a kid at Webster? I was a teacher there, October 2006-May 2007, IIRC. And who was the principal?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When were you dropping a kid at Webster? I was a teacher there, October 2006-May 2007, IIRC. And who was the principal?

Nonononono ... I WORKED at McKS&W ... The kids went to Tulakes Elementary. I had to drop them off at school at 7:40-7:50 in order to be at work on time at 8:30 ... We were a 20 minute drive from the office and it took me 10 minutes to get from the parking garage, up the elevator and across the office to get to my desk. And dude -- my oldest is now almost 41. You think I remember the name of some ******* principle who took all kinds of pleasure in putting the little people in their place?? 🙄🙄🙄Yeah ... No ... I don't remember the *****'s name. 🙄🙄🙄

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nonononono ... I WORKED at McKS&W ... The kids went to Tulakes Elementary. I had to drop them off at school at 7:40-7:50 in order to be at work on time at 8:30 ... We were a 20 minute drive from the office and it took me 10 minutes to get from the parking garage, up the elevator and across the office to get to my desk. And dude -- my oldest is now almost 41. You think I remember the name of some ******* principle who took all kinds of pleasure in putting the little people in their place?? 🙄🙄🙄Yeah ... No ... I don't remember the *****'s name. 🙄🙄🙄
OK. :) Though the kids I was working with then would be in their mid-20's or so now. Doesn't seem all that long ago...

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My statement was perfectly clear and so was the one you replied to originally. YOU brought individual teachers into this discussion, because that’s where your personal bias lies.

Once again, you may want to let your wife the teacher explain this to you.

Oh shove it. You know exactly what I was referring to. How in the world do you think schools are ran?

What's your issue with me bring up the folks responsible for dealing with the kids who get dropped off at the schools? How do you think schools make it without individual teachers? Really? That's what you took away from my comment and decided to whine about?

You just seem to be very good at being obtuse . . . My reply to both you and the original one I replied to was pretty clear and didn't discount or misrepresent what was said. You decided to interject your hot take about how horrible public schools can be because they don't cater to parents and therefore some private school is only answer because they're so much more special.

You fail to address a single point I made but instead chose to nitpick and play passive aggressive here. Which based on the last thread we went back and forth in seems to be YOUR way to discuss things.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom