Daughter's Bad Experience at H&H: Part II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't offered anything except an apology; the slight was not towards me, but to my daughter. He told me he had just found out about the complaint himself. He was very pleasant and sincere; that's good enough for me, it's settled as far as I am concerned.

:thumb:I wish businesses would be more proactive in training and managing their employees to treat their customers with kindness and respect at all times. Employing a "bad apple" employee is extremely bad for business and news travels fast. If I was a betting man, I would wager that this thread is the only reason you received a response from the sincere manager.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could be his POS system. Even on a cash sale our POS requires at minimum a name.

This. Sorta. You can make a sale, but a refund is a pita. I personally don't care if someone doesn't want to give their name. Not one bit. But please, don't be surprised if I have trouble with a refund. And if your card isn't signed, I will ask for an ID. Of course, my favorites are the peeps that don't want to give a name and then pay with a credit card.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course, my favorites are the peeps that don't want to give a name and then pay with a credit card.

I just don't want my name entered on their database,,,
There's no conspiracy theory driving this,,,
It's just that they don't need to know.

Last week at a gun store in Stillwater,,,
I went in to buy some targets on the way to the range.

The man asked for my phone number,,,
My reply was a friendly spoken,,,
"I'd rather not."

There was no drama but he asked for it again,,,
So this time I said, "You mean I can't pay cash for this without giving my phone number?"

Again he was polite but said,,,
"I just don't know how to ring it up without the number."

So yes, modern POS registers are a pain in the ass.

He had to get the owner to bypass the question.

Like I said, there was no drama,,,
I just found it amusing that they assume,,,
Everyone will give them information they don't need.

Aarond

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jenny
405-867-5309

Hmm. Assuming someone happens to give them a fake number which turns out to be a real number belonging to someone else, the someone else starts getting myriad calls as a result, and by hook or crook manages to track the calls back to the source then, when associated with the credit card, the one who gave the number.

Could that end up in harassment territory?

Not that anything like that has ever happened of course.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a card isn't signed, it isn't valid. Even says so on the back. Have them sign the card in your presence, compare to the ID. Done.

There used to be something in the Visa merchant agreement that didn't allow a merchant to refuse a charge if the buyer refused to show ID. Wonder if that's still there, or there for other cards?

Latest posts

Top Bottom