Dave Ramsey quote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night in an interview I heard Dave Ramsey say he only carries 4 pieces of plastic in his wallet. His DL, Debit card for personal, debit card for business and a handgun permit. Something tells me he likes his money and wants to keep it his money.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a few personal credit cards, but I spend with them just like they're debit cards. That way nobody gets to steal all the money out of my account. Card fraud happens all the time, with credit cards it's the bank's money getting stolen, with a debit card you usually have a lot more work to do to get YOUR money back and take care of all the bounced payments that occur in the mean time.

If you have the discipline to budget and pay the bills in full and on time, reward credit cards are great. Case in point- I bought a used van at auction, paid $8100 on my credit card, and earned $162 in rewards. Then I earned an additional $40.50 in interest ($32.40 after taxes), since the bill didn't come due until almost two months later.

Dave Ramsey says people don't get rich with reward points. I say people don't get rich by leaving free money on the table.

Latest posts

Top Bottom