Davidelowe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ray; sounds like you found something wrong with the rifle to make up for the fact that you misstated that the 1911 had night sights.
The trade you agreed to was the icon for a SW1911 with night sights.

Justifiying your error by saying that "its still worth it" is not the way to go.

you both made the trade thnking you were getting something that the other stated.
Unless were talking about a $ deal, what something is "worth" in a gun for gun trade is subjective.

I would have offered to buy the guy a set, give hime an agreeable cash credit, or offer to return the icon and nix the trade.
Rifle bores that sit aroun in a factory or gun shop get dust and oil residue accumulated, and they have been factory fired.

Ray76, I think you should not have posted this. When youre in a hole, quit digging.

David, let me know and i would be happy to get you a set of nite sights at cost.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ray; sounds like you found something wrong with the rifle to make up for the fact that you misstated that the 1911 had night sights.
The trade you agreed to was the icon for a SW1911 with night sights.

Justifiying your error by saying that "its still worth it" is not the way to go.

you both made the trade thnking you were getting something that the other stated.
Unless were talking about a $ deal, what something is "worth" in a gun for gun trade is subjective.

I would have offered to buy the guy a set, give hime an agreeable cash credit, or offer to return the icon and nix the trade.
Rifle bores that sit aroun in a factory or gun shop get dust and oil residue accumulated, and they have been factory fired.

Ray76, I think you should not have posted this. When youre in a hole, quit digging.

David, let me know and i would be happy to get you a set of nite sights at cost.

Class act, as usual!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cosmonline, rust preventative and factory debris often looks very similar to a shot rifle.

I have seen this on almost every rifle I have purchased, including special run pre-orders where I know the gun was at the factory a minimal amount of time.

Sometimes this isnt just limited to the barrel, I had a brand new winchester (seal on the box was broken at the place of sale) where once I got it home and cleaned it, it looked as if someone had shot 1000 rounds. Both barrel and action were filthy.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ray76 is a good poster here too; I think we can all walk away from this better off.

-and make this a "teaching moment"....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cosmonline, rust preventative and factory debris often looks very similar to a shot rifle.

I have seen this on almost every rifle I have purchased, including special run pre-orders where I know the gun was at the factory a minimal amount of time.

Sometimes this isnt just limited to the barrel, I had a brand new winchester (seal on the box was broken at the place of sale) where once I got it home and cleaned it, it looked as if someone had shot 1000 rounds. Both barrel and action were filthy.

+1. What I saw come out of my BRAND NEW M1A National Match would make you :yikes2: :bolt:

I think they test fired a battle pack through that one. Not really, but it was some kind of nasty.

davidelowe

Marksman
Reaction score
Again, not the point. I wanted a new rifle, weather it shoots different or not is not my point. Of course I don't have an issues with the rifle or I would have mentioned something about trade back or try to sell it. Just the fact that he lied and said it was new when in fact , it's not. If I wanted a used rifle I would have went to a pawn shop and traded my gun that way. I traded him and was even willing to loose money on my end because this was supposed to be a new rifle and I wanted a Thompson Icon. If he can prove to me that this rifle is brand new, show me/us a receipt, I will take everything back and even apologize.

He did mention a trade back and now he's trying to sell it (after he took all the wrapping off and cleaned it.) Here's a link:

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63634

Also, there is now a $150.00 rebate on all t/c Icons. As shown below.

http://www.tcarms.com/offers/

ray76

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He did mention a trade back and now he's trying to sell it (after he took all the wrapping off and cleaned it.) Here's a link:

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63634

Also, there is now a $150.00 rebate on all t/c Icons. As shown below.

http://www.tcarms.com/offers/

Let it go man, I did back on 07-29-2009, 02:47 PM. But you just proved who the big man is. You are nothing but a butt hurt little turd to me and as far as Im concerned to this community too but I don't make nor do I want to make the decisions around here. This is not the only place to sell firearms kid. You resurrected this thread 2 weeks later, just to do what exactly?? It just shows that you are still butt hurt. It will pass though, I promise. Go work out or something, meat head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom