Is it just me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Grandpa's .22 and 12 gauge. Don't hunt with them anymore, but he killed loads of quail with that shotgun, and I couldn't count the ducks I've killed with it. (Dad's side)

I still cook in Grandma's cast iron skillet and Dutch oven.

Grandpa's True Temper fiberglass rod with the Penn #9 reel hangs in my garage.

Losing connection to our family and culture is a good part of what's wrong these days I believe.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm of the mindset that if someone else would enjoy it (gun) more and I'm just going to toss it in the safe and just look at it once a year, I would rather someone use it.
Same with me, my add for the Browning 30-06 I posted today is an example. It was my dads and I'll never shoot it so someone else may as well.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I guess if someone left me a gun collection or several items it might be a bit different.

I come from everyday hard working folks that never had a whole lot and getting something passed down, even one small item, is a big deal.

I only ever knew one grandfather. The other was killed in a house fire way before I was born and I never knew either great grandfather or either great, great grandfather.

When my dad passed he only had one gun as far as I know. It was a single shot 12 gauge that was my grandfather's. It was given to one of my uncles as it should have been.

I have nothing that belonged to my father, grandfather, and so on so I just can't imagine selling anything that I would have been given to me from them.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started to say something snarky about sentimental guns since I lost most of mine in a house fire years ago. Then I remembered the 2 pistols recently passed to me after a buddy died. I don't shoot them, not my style and a waste of space in my safe... But I remember when he first got both and they were the cat's rear end. So now I guess I am a sentimental fool too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom