Debbie Downer Movies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I thought Depp was pretty good in Fear and Loathing all things considered, though I don't like most of his films. Nobody could "be" Hunter, but it was pretty good IMO.

That and Blow are about the only things I like Depp in, though.

I think this was supposed to be a true actual account. It had its moments.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought that Goodfellas was a good film. I think that movie critics need to get over themselves and quit referring to "Citizen Kane" as the greatest film of all time. It's decent, but not that great.

I finally saw "The Searchers" last year. Great film.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Any of the twilight or associated movies, like the one with werewolves in it.

One flewover the cuckoos nest was a classic and well worth watching.
Scarface was definately another I would reccomend watching.
Oh brother where art thou was hilarious Amber. The derilect of how they were talking was a little hard to get to past at first, but , I hear people quoting the movie daily.

Its hard not to find humor in somebody saying"I think your cousin turned us in for the reward money." Then almost getting into a throat cutting fight over his cousin not being a snitch. Then throwing the barn doors open with his cousin out there apologizing for snitching them off for the reward money. Saying "They got this depression on and I needed the money",

Reaction score
Movies that were supposed to be good, and a bunch of people like, but I thought sucked hairy sweaty gonads, hard - is that the subject?

OK, then, here's my list of that category (careful or you'll get sucked out of your seat, these movies suck so badly):

1. Chariots of Fire
2. The Deer Hunter (except for the few and far between Vietnam scenes)
3. Citizen Kane
4. Fight Club
5. The Graduate

Oh what massive wastes of time. And I even kinda liked The English Patient - a *little bit*.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a few.

I wouldn't be caught dead in Twilight of any flavor.

Someone brought this up.... Movies like The Departed, Hurt Locker, No Country for Old Men, Seven - stuff where you're like "WTF? It can NOT end like that." - they hack me off initially, but they're all very good movies in hindsight, once you watch them a couple of times. Not great, but very good. No Country for Old Men still hacks me off, but it's so good otherwise, you just have to like it.

I liked the director's cut of Natual Born Killers - weird but good.

As for the most UNDER-rated fantastic movies out there - Sleepers, Arlington Road, Enemy At The Gates, True Romance immediately come to mind.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, and I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned; Brokeback Mountain.

Also, Godfather movies, Tootsie, Gone with the Wind, American Beauty, Talladega nights, Twilight movies, There will be Blood, The Blind Side, Precious, Milk, Million Dollar Baby...

I could go on. there are a whole bunch of movies that I hear are great but have zero appeal to me.

the only one I can think of that I had no desire to watch but finally did was Slumdog Millionaire. I was kind of awe-struck by it. great movie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom