decided i'm smarter than my doctor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes one has to question physicians. The are very powerful in our society and if they say something it is taken as gospel in our courts as a rule. A VA PA prescribed Dilantin for me some years back and I religiously took the medication as directed. Gradually, became ill and lethargic but continued as directed. Finally I became so ill that I needed medical intervention and went to the VA ER and the Doctor after listening to my complaints of urine being so dark that a barn could be painted with it and my stomach hurt, he looked at my eyes and said, "You have hepatitis, have you eaten at any Mexican food places?" I replied no and he took me across the waiting room to see another Doctor who was an endocrinologist. After they looked at my lab results he said only 1% of 1% of the population develop hepatitis from Dilantin. Stop the medication.
I did and over a period of time the liver returned to normal. The PA that prescribed the medication then prescribed me Phenobarbital and said I'd have a seizure if I didn't take this medication. I flushed the Phenobarbital down the toilet and never had any problems at all. My SGOT which is supposed to be around 25 was 525 and the SGGPT I forget the normal values but it was 2,600. The Doctor who took me to the endocrinologists said within two or three days I'd be dead if something didn't intervene. I came close to death but it passed me by. So yes, question the Doctors, it could save your life.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife has been telling me to go to a "Naturalist" Doctor, does anyone know where there is one that doesn't cost as much as a "Real" Doctor?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife has been telling me to go to a "Naturalist" Doctor, does anyone know where there is one that doesn't cost as much as a "Real" Doctor?

If you find one I wanna know. (FYI, they are real careful with how they word things when they are talking to you because of Oklahoma's med-mal laws. Just so you know ... ) There was one on the southside I had an appointment to see -- an appointment that was cancelled. Because she got arrested for practicing medicine without a license. So ... there's that ...

I'm still looking for a tribal medicine man, too, if ya come across one of those. Seems to be the only 2 "medical professionals" I haven't seen yet ... lol

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you find one I wanna know. (FYI, they are real careful with how they word things when they are talking to you because of Oklahoma's med-mal laws. Just so you know ... ) There was one on the southside I had an appointment to see -- an appointment that was cancelled. Because she got arrested for practicing medicine without a license. So ... there's that ...

I'm still looking for a tribal medicine man, too, if ya come across one of those. Seems to be the only 2 "medical professionals" I haven't seen yet ... lol

There was a guy name Jack in Shawnee (I forget his last name) but he croaked several years ago and his daughter took over the "business". I believe they were Native Americans but the stuff she gave us to drink killed the cat.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I get my CBD here, a good friend of mine for many years. Prices are amazing and products are made with his and his wife's own hands.

https://cepfarm.com/

I am not affiliated with CEP Farms in any way other than I buy their products and the prices are amazing.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pearl sometimes won't take her pain meds, either, says she's afraid of getting hooked on 'em. It is a tough row to hoe.... Hang in there, Al, the light at the end of the tunnel might not be a speeding locomotive after all.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom