Device that blocks texting in autos that are running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out the GROOVE. http://news.yahoo.com/katie-couric-interviews-katasi-ceo-about-texting-and-driving-195250260.html Here is my take: This device is 30 bucks and costs 8 dollars per month subscription fee, It's easily disabled by removing it, most driver distractions in a vehicle can be avoided by simple discipline. Changing the way people think about using technology while driving is free. Society needs to impress upon its young from an early age that technology has its time and place. While operating a vehicle, it is never the time or place. The creator of this device means well, but I don't feel that the device would work for many who text and drive unless the users REALLY wants to change their driving behavior, which I will mention again is free. I for one do not ever text and drive. I will rarely ever pick up my cell to answer a call while my vehicle is moving. If I receive a text or call, I pull off the road into a parking lot to check whats going on with my cell phone. I guess my reasoning for my doing so is because I care too much about other's lives to commit a selfish act that endangers other people, not to mention my own life. It only takes a second to impact another person's life or end it in a vehicle. I know that if I were to ever contribute to either of those instances by allowing myself to be distracted while driving, I wouldn't be able to drive an auto ever again and not be guilt ridden when I got behind the steering wheel. Common sense is free, one simply has to use it. In conclusion, I don't see any reason to spend money for something that aids in reducing driver distraction when you can just simply turn off the device that distracts the driver or just ignore it. I'm a man, I know how to ignore many distractions. I just hope my mom never reads this post! What do all of you think about this device?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats why I use mine for music. Spotify. I think most anybody who knows me knows I will call them back when I can. When I get in the truck I plug the phone into its system, in my cars I use the bluetooth.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the problem is many people, especially the younger ones, just don't think it's an issue to use a cell phone while driving, and they'll make up any excuse they can to justify their myopically irresponsible behavior. More and more, I see idiot drivers texting while drifting back and forth across the lane divider, but apparently posting to FB is more important than driving a car. So, such a device, even if it's free, will be spurned by these selfish individuals.

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen a motorcycle driver texting while driving....One had on the bar, the other busy thumb texting, while he is not watching traffic....

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks elwood. I'll look it up and crunch it to see what its about. I checked into this app and it was discontinued because there were better apps out there than what they offered. ATT has DriveMode. It allows the driver use auto reply for texting and calls so the driver is not distracted. i think I will try this out if I can get my old S2 SkyRocket to run it, but I'm only going to do it for the experience. I love being alive and having others around to irritate just makes my life seem that much more meaningful, so I don't text and drive! LOL . :)

Son: Hey Mom, what r u doing?
Mother:I just left the house, what do u want?
Son: Just wanted to tell u 2 put that fone down and drive!
Mother: I brought u n 2 this world, i'm taking u out when I get home!

Last edited:

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen a motorcycle driver texting while driving....One had on the bar, the other busy thumb texting, while he is not watching traffic....

I have been guilty of doing this back when cell phones had buttons and I could text without looking when the touchscreens came out I stopped doing it, and I use the hands free system in my car to talk on the phone 99% of the time and honestly if you cant talk on speakerphone and drive safely you shouldn't be driving at all.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im on the road alot and from my lifted truck Ive looked over and down into cars and have seen people doing some stupid stuff: reading the newspaper or their mail, writing a check in their checkbook, putting on makeup, shaving, eating tacos, etc. No jamming devices for any of that shite. Except for eating the tacos, you still have your eyes on the road its just vertical.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im on the road alot and from my lifted truck Ive looked over and down into cars and have seen people doing some stupid stuff: reading the newspaper or their mail, writing a check in their checkbook, putting on makeup, shaving, eating tacos, etc. No jamming devices for any of that shite. Except for eating the tacos, you still have your eyes on the road its just vertical.

I know what you are talking about here when I was driving trucks all over the country I saw a lot of lets just say stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom