Dillo down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't find the Diller Boppin thread. Although i only looked a couple minutes.

But this big ol Dillo didn't get to see sunrise.
9mm lead hollow point thru the carbine took care of this.
20211021_093502.jpg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I'll pass on the leprosy and blast them.
The chances of anyone getting an M. leprae infection from armadillos is fairly slim to none depending on what you are doing with them. Like this guy:
https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/florida-man-falls-victim-to-leprosy-after-sex-with-armadillo/
Shooting them for tearing up your yard or burrowing in a garden or under a house is a much better argument than leprosy.

https://cvmbs.source.colostate.edu/new-evidence-that-wild-armadillos-spread-leprosy-to-humans/https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-armadillos-can-spread-leprosy-180954440/

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked with a guy from back east who had little to no outdoor experience. Actually several of them. Anyway we always invited them to go hunting/fishing/camping with us to maybe make them more likeminded.

One deer hunting trip to S.E. Oklahoma one of them feel asleep leaning up next to a tree. He woke up to a lot of racket behind him. When he turned around to see what it was he saw a armadillo. He’d never seen one before and it scared the crap out of him. He lowered his rifle and blasted away.

Later he shared that he’s first thought was that it an angry dinosaur.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Catching leprosy from an armadillo, since I don't eat them and I don't have sex with them, is pretty far down on the list of things I'm gonna worry about. I think I'll stick to enjoy watching them root around the field across the street at night.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Catching leprosy from an armadillo, since I don't eat them and I don't have sex with them, is pretty far down on the list of things I'm gonna worry about. I think I'll stick to enjoy watching them root around the field across the street at night.
I almost spit my cigar out laughin. That's what I'm saying though.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 22 caliber air rifle that I dispatch the Dillos with. They seem to love my yard. I sit out on the porch at night and wait on the critters when I've seen holes in my yard. The air rifle doesn't make much noise so I don't have to worry about waking the wife (Don't want that to happen).
IMG_0240.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom