Discount tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went into the Discount Tires in Moore a few years back and wanted to buy 2 new tires for the the front, the rear tires were like new. The guy behind the counter says we can't mount the new ones and put them on the front they have to go on the rear and I ask him why and it said it was company regulations. This was a front wheel drive car and I wanted the new tires on the front. So I said ok, my money and I went up the the road to Jones Tire and I've never been back. I'm not doing business with people like that.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went into the Discount Tires in Moore a few years back and wanted to buy 2 new tires for the the front, the rear tires were like new. The guy behind the counter says we can't mount the new ones and put them on the front they have to go on the rear and I ask him why and it said it was company regulations. This was a front wheel drive car and I wanted the new tires on the front. So I said ok, my money and I went up the the road to Jones Tire and I've never been back. I'm not doing business with people like that.

In my past, I learned from my dad and grandparents that when only buying two tires for a vehicle, always put them on the front because they are the "steering" tires. It wasn't so much for traction for "going" as it was for traction for steering.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my past, I learned from my dad and grandparents that when only buying two tires for a vehicle, always put them on the front because they are the "steering" tires. It wasn't so much for traction for "going" as it was for traction for steering.

I learned the same way...
Now the "dealerships" all say that the new tires need to go on the back, so the rear end will have the better traction, to cause the rear end to NOT try to pass the front end.
About 2 years ago, I did the same thing as Ryan500L and walked away, because I was buying the tires and wanted them mounted as I required, not like they wanted to mount them, company policy or not...

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used the store in BA for a set of Falken Wildpeak 20in. Their price was 189.00 per tire. Found the same tire online at Walmart on clearance for 119.99. Clicked the “ found it lower” link on the DT website and submitted the link. 1 hour later I was asked to take this email to any local store and they would price match. Had my tires the next day and saved around 300.00.

I like the fact that DT includes lifetime balance as well as rotate. Most like hibdon are rotate only.
I did the same thing. And I think it was on the same tires!

Latest posts

Top Bottom