Do I need a butt plug???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
well I finally own a Glock... a 23 to be exact and am wonderin if the grip plug is needed or is it just for cosmetics
also when the mag is at full capacity it seems like it takes alot of pressure to insert it fully. Is that normal?
Thanks

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything that keep dust and debris out is a good thing. I have them on all of mine.

It depends on how hard it is to seat. Mine go in firmly, but it does not act like they are straining.

(That is kind of a strange follow up answer to the question of if you need a butt plug....):uhwhat:

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Having it can speed up your reloads a little, as the mag can get caught up in the edges of the frame around the hole. The best is my internal magwell mod (shameless plug) and yes, a full mag can be tough to seat when the spring is brand new.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Glock 22 has one. They are mostly cosmetci, but they do serve a purpose.

There are basically three kinds of plugs.

The ones that fit flush, made by Pearce, Lone Wolf and a few others...
[Broken External Image]

The ones that protrude that are made by Jentra...
[Broken External Image]

And the ones that protrude, but are flat because they feature a hidden door that can hold a "last ditch" cartridge inside!
[Broken External Image]
ai9.ebayimg.com_07_i_001_38_59_01b7_35.JPG

These are my favorite plugs for the Glock 19/23 series, because it aligns "just right" with the magazine's base plate.

As for the mag seating kinda hard? Just download your magazine by one round. It'll snap in smooth as butter. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom