Do we need to inform rent-a-cops / security guards?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a link of a map of OKC. map link

Both Village and Nichols hills resides roughly between May and Western. The village is north of Nichols Hills and is mostly just south of Britton Rd. Nichols Hills is centered roughly on Wilshire. It's the area above wilshire where nichols hills and the village meet and gets blurred.

The hikes in property value in the village area is due to being adjacent to Nichols Hills and I believe a portion of the tax dollars even goes to the Village due to how the property taxes are setup. Drive though Nichols hills north of Wilshire and you'll see Village Police patrolling a lot in that area.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the area above wilshire where nichols hills and the village meet and gets blurred.

I doubt that the line between two cities is blurry. Might be right down the middle of a street though. In any case, the Nichols Hills police are not the Village Police Department which was your original assertion.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't see myself ever stopping for a security guard if I'm in my own neighborhood, or for that matter, anywhere that I have a right to be. No reason to reinforce their LEO wannabe ego. Police, no problem, but security, no way. So exchanging ID's would never be an issue.

Most places that have armed security in neighborhoods have them linked to the Home Owners Association. Some places the security is just that an armed patrol helping to deter crime in that area. Some are basically a private police force hired by the HOA to help enforce rules and regulations. They hand out speeding and parking tickets and the like. If you say oh it is just a rent a cop I dont have to pay you better check your HOA agreement/contract or whatever they are called. Now do I agree with the second type? Nope. Will I ever be able to live in an area like that, ummm nope. Would I live there if I could again nope. Now would you have to let them know you were carrying? Not legally. Would there be times when you might want to let them know so as to avoid some serious confusion and drama? Yes, that is totally your judgment.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any solid evidence one way or the other that when a police officer is not on duty, but rather working in his / her capacity as a security guard, that the CCW laws re: "police officers" or "peace officers" still fully apply (or not)?

GoodGuy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any solid evidence one way or the other that when a police officer is not on duty, but rather working in his / her capacity as a security guard, that the CCW laws re: "police officers" or "peace officers" still fully apply (or not)?

Seems to me that the wording of the statute is pretty clear.

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to fail or refuse to identify the fact
that the person is in actual possession of a concealed handgun pursuant
to the authority of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act when the person
first comes into contact with any law enforcement officer of this state
or its political subdivisions or a federal law enforcement officer during
the course of any arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom