Do we need to inform rent-a-cops / security guards?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do a "If you show me yours I'll show you ,mine" If he's off duty working security,he will still be required to carry his cedentials and cleet/commission card.

GoodGuy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cops are never truly off duty. Just because they aren't on the clock doesn't mean they aren't still cops.

Yeah, I know. Been there and done that. That wasn't my point, though. An off duty cop working a second job, even if that job is uniformed security, is still just a guy in a security uniform in the eyes of the law.

My point is, no Police/Sheriff/OHP/OBN/etc uniform, no requirement to notify.

Now, that doesn't mean that if you KNOW the guy is a cop in his day job that you don't want to let him know you carry regularly. That's a personal decision, and totally up to you. But you don't legally have to.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't see myself ever stopping for a security guard if I'm in my own neighborhood, or for that matter, anywhere that I have a right to be. No reason to reinforce their LEO wannabe ego. Police, no problem, but security, no way. So exchanging ID's would never be an issue.

But, I agree with some of others, no need to tell them about your CCL. If one of them show's that they are in fact an LEO, I don't see a problem with identifying your CCL status. Otherwise, never.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The neighborhoods in the midtown area like Crown heights, Edgemere Heights, Edgemere Park, and Heritage Hills has security that is paid for by everyone who lives in the neighborhood.

None of these neighborhoods are gated. Midtown OKC is one of those areas where one street is completely safe, the next street over is full of Bentleys and the next street over you'll get stabbed/mugged and the houses are falling apart. Was weird when I first moved here.

I believe crown heights, Edgemere Heights, and Heritage Hills has full time private security 24hrs a day. Edgemere Park only has security from dusk to dawn.

Basically, any neighborhood downtown and midtown that is historic usually has security paid for by the neightborhood association. The only one I can think of that doesn't is Paseo, but they're sandwiched between the security in Edgemere Park and Heritage Hills.

Not sure if Mesta Park has security.

I'm sure the "new money" neighborhoods in OKC like Nichols Hills has security, as well.... but they don't really need it since they have the most douchiest, ******* police force in OKC, AKA, the Village Police force, second only to Edmond PD.

No offense to any Village or Edmond LEO here... Just sayin, though....

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure the "new money" neighborhoods in OKC like Nichols Hills has security, as well.... but they don't really need it since they have the most douchiest, ******* police force in OKC, AKA, the Village Police force, second only to Edmond PD.

Why would the Village police be in Nichols Hills?

Latest posts

Top Bottom