Do you give money to "homeless" vagrants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave a dollar to a guy in Vegas that had a sign that said "Why lie, I need beer" I have also bought a beer for a vagrant in NOLA that was trying to get a hot dog and a beer from the hot dog cart, he bought the dog and was short a dollar for the beer.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
beer_research.jpg

I also seen a guy before with a fishing pole with a bucket on the end of the line. He was holding a sign that said "fishing for beer money"

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
About 20 years, ago an old weathered fellow came up to me in a s. side shopping center, had ran out of gas on his way to get a job in kansas, and could I heip him. I scrapped together about 5 bucks wehich was all I had. The tears flowed in his eyes, as he thanked, and god blessed me, and dang, I felt good , broke, but good. Alas, fast forward two months, different location, same fellow, this time, I watched as he panhandled a woman. A few weeks later. he actually approached me again, at yet a different, parking lot. So no I don't contribute, have give to some who wern't asking , but looked like they needed it. Reno & mac. tuesday. Young man with a sign, which read, " Why lie about it I want a beer. Had I been in the lane nearest him, and had seen him in time I probably would have slipped him a dollar. Can you buy a beer for a bock now'a days?

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last summer in Chicago. For real. I gave him a dollar to take his picture. It was so worth it! The other piece of cardbopard on the ground was his other sign. He would rotate it out.

Attachments

• homeless.jpg
    homeless.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 157

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in OKC ... which is a bummer if you ask me ...

Wow, I would have thought that it would be, especially in OKC.....Well, if the elected officials thought about it and all the money they are losing out on by NOT having a law against it, then it might change. Maybe not make panhandling illegal per se, but panhandling without a $100 permit could be done pretty easily. Especially if the "vagrants" had to visit city hall or the nearest police station to get said permits. The panhandlers could even be required to display a button or other article identifing them as "professional" bums. Seems like a small price to pay for them if they make more than most working people do....

Finally, are you ready for this?, the city could even use the money brought in to promote a media campaign to end vagrancy or fund overtime hours for the patrols. :)

89hits

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was gonna do such a thing, I'd ask for a loan and their address to return the money when I got to Kansas, Bahamas, etc.That way getting around Ninerounds new law!

Madpap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I give money to them sometimes. Even if they are crooks, your good intentions will still be blessed. The Lord says be careful how you entertain people, they could be Angels unaware.

Rick W

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't usually give people money.
In the summertime, I'll sometimes buy a cold bottle of water and give it to the guys standing at the intersections.
I haven't figured out what to give out in the winter. Not everyone drinks coffee, and I can't think what else to give out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom