Do you give money to "homeless" vagrants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last summer in Chicago. For real. I gave him a dollar to take his picture. It was so worth it! The other piece of cardbopard on the ground was his other sign. He would rotate it out.

That's awesome. I'd have given him some cash form making me smile.

I've only ever been hit up for money by ******* scammers. I made a thread about one here a while back. I've never been asked for money by a homeless person (or a person pretending to be homeless) that I can remember; just turds "that are in a bind and need gas/medicine/bus ticket/writer to come up with more believable scam story". Some would even take my address and pay me back!

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i rarely do as i have lived at my current location long enough and stop at quiktrip enough to see familiar faces so after a while i just only give to those who are not regulars in the area, or if they have a awesome sign. i will have to start spending my days off holding a sign that reads "why lie, i need ammo money"

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Valid points on both sides, sometimes it's a tough call when to give someone money or not. But if someone's hungry and I've got a biscuit they'll get half.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the past 10 years I have donated nearly 50% of every dollar I made to charity. I think that is enough. I do get to drive on the streets if I pay extra for a car tag, and I do get to be on the lake if I purchase a lake pass, and oh yea, I will get to collect all that money I have paid into my SS fund for the past 50 years, except what I now have to pay taxes on. If I have something I can no longer use in usable condition, I donate to the Salvation Army, it seems they really try to help those in need. What I have left over, I just waste on myself and do not feel guilty at all after working much of my life 8-14 hours a day 6 or more days a week. It is my turn now.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody know a charity that hasn't been caught in scandal?

Do you know where the money goes? Do the pro life people realize some United Way locals donate to Planned Parenthood?

Long ago I was a member of a Baptist Church, when I read the budget and found out they gave more to support pregnant and teen mothers in special schools than the elderly or homeless I applied my tithes otherwise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom