Does anyone carry with FMJ bullets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of ammo do you use in you CCW?

• FMJ

Votes: 47 11.6%
  • JHP

Votes: 358 88.4%

• Total voters

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i carry hollow points only. in 9mm, 9x18, 40, 357 sig, 357 mag, all of em. but i will sometimes put fmj in the bottom of my mag just to fill up the mags when i shoot all my hollow points up and havent bought more yet.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone use Glaser rds?
Glaser Silver Safety Slug Ammunition 38 Super 80 Grain Safety Slug Package of 6

Product #: 139854
Our Price: $12.79

Similar to the Blue Safety Slug round, the Silver round is made from #6 shot, creating larger segments and deeper penetrating bullet with more of a controlled energy release. Penetrates 8"-10" in lab testing.

Technical Information

Muzzle Velocity: 1700 fps
Muzzle Energy: 513 ft lbs

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone use Glaser rds?
Glaser Silver Safety Slug Ammunition 38 Super 80 Grain Safety Slug Package of 6

Product #: 139854
Our Price: $12.79

Similar to the Blue Safety Slug round, the Silver round is made from #6 shot, creating larger segments and deeper penetrating bullet with more of a controlled energy release. Penetrates 8"-10" in lab testing.

Technical Information

Muzzle Velocity: 1700 fps
Muzzle Energy: 513 ft lbs

No, they just don't offer near enough penetration to be considered for serious situations.

Protect

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JHP, I would be concerned about overpenetration of FMJ in a home/self defense situation. And if I need to shoot through a barrier in self defense, I should also have time to remove myself from the situation. The object is survival first, incapacitation if required.

Tom Martin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Kel-Tec 32 has a problem with a lot of JHP loads. They are too short for the mag. & can rim lock.
This is where the rim of the upper round can get behind the lower one. This is a bad thing & could get you killed.
I think FMJ is best in this gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom