Dreams....ever wonder what they mean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I don't know what the hell they mean.
I've dreamed about my dead son more times than I can remember. Sometimes they're good dreams, sometimes they're worse that you could imagine. Sometimes he's a kid, sometimes he's grown.

Sometimes I dream random weird stuff that makes no sense. I dreamed my wife got snakebit the other night, she refused to go to the hospital....pretty realistic.

Sometimes my dad is in my dreams. He always middle-aged, and strong. (he's nearly 88 now, and barely walks)

I used to think all this meant something, now I really don't know. The dreams about my son usually torment me, I reckon it's just my subconscious releasing thoughts I don't acknowledge during consciousness.

I've noticed in a lot of my dreams that I'm not 76 years old, but closer to around 40-something or so.

My weirdest dreams are those when I feel like I'm falling from great height. I always wake up before I hit bottom.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a dream last fall that I was deer hunting, & not having much luck until the final day when I am overlooking this field & it has a couple dozen doe in the field grazing. Which has never happened to me before. Then 1 by 1 bucks start walking single file out of the tree row into the field to meet the ladies. Starting with a little fork horn buck each buck that walks out is progressively getting bigger. The final buck is a monster, possibly a state record buck. I tale a moment to calm my nerves & settle on the big buck & just as I pull the trigger, the smallest buck in the group jumps in front & takes the bullet meant for the big trophy. It was a very sad dream for me.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
TedKennedy and OkieJoe many prayers for peace and a couple of spiritual bear hugs both your way. I read your posts right before I saw my little boy off to school this morning. Humbled me by reminding me just how precious and fleeting the time we have is.

God bless both of you and thank you for sharing those dreams.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For years I dreamed I was in a dry water hole where I used to go fishing. I was surrounded by possums. I never got bit I all ways woke up before I was attacked. Been 10 or 20 years since I had this dream.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So who dreams in color and who dreams in black & white?
To be honest, I couldn't tell you. Color I guess? I have at least a couple of times been IN a dream and realized it was just a dream. I remember thinking in one of them, I can do anything I want and it doesn't matter because I'll wake up in a few minutes and it won't have happened.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of my mothers dreams proved to be true!! The most amazing example was, she, and my older brother were spending the night in Atkins Arkansas with her parents, in 1945. My dad was in Germany in combat. She had a dream that dad had been shot, and proceeded to wake everyone up at 3:00 am!! A few days later she rercieved notice that dad had been wounded, and was in a hospital in England. He was then transfered to Ft Sam Houston TX. hospital, where he had more surgeries, on his left knee. When he was able to travel, he came home on leave, for the first time in a couple of years, and when they compared notes, as to the time he was wounded in Germany, and accounted for the time difference, she had the dream at the exact time he was shot!!!!! I don't know what was happening here, but I do know she dreamed many things that turned out to be true, including her own death! She dearmed the next time she went into the hospital she would die. She had an accident, fell and injured her leg, and was admitted for this non life-threating injury, and caught MERCA, and passed away from that!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be honest, I couldn't tell you. Color I guess? I have at least a couple of times been IN a dream and realized it was just a dream. I remember thinking in one of them, I can do anything I want and it doesn't matter because I'll wake up in a few minutes and it won't have happened.
As with you, thinking about it now I can't really say whether my dreams are in color or no. Seems like they are, just not exactly sure, and I find that odd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom