Driving test question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It can be done in a big vehicle. I used a 1ton 4door Ford truck for my drivers test back when it was in Jenks.
Of course I started driving a dumptruck when i was about 15.
I can't pass the written motorcycle test for anything though. Tried it 3 or 4 times and gave up.

Seansworth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my driving test in 2004 at the place off of east 23rd street. The guy had me go into one of the neighborhoods a little south of there and pointed at a parked car and said to parallel park behind it. There was nearly 20 yards between that car and the next driveway.

In case your son isn't that lucky I'd start with the cones about 2 car lengths apart and work it down to a car oength and a half or just a little less. That seems to be what most of my experience parallel parking has been.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can be done in a big vehicle. I used a 1ton 4door Ford truck for my drivers test back when it was in Jenks.
Of course I started driving a dumptruck when i was about 15.
I can't pass the written motorcycle test for anything though. Tried it 3 or 4 times and gave up.

I think if you take the MSF course you dont have to take the written test, but of course I could have that completely backwards.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because sometime when you are in Washington D.C. and your pulling a trailer your going to have to parallel park both on a circle drive street. It helps people in other parts of the country know we drive better than them

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My daughter took her test in 2010 and she has to parralel park. Not only that but he made her do it between 2 cop cars just to stress her out. She did fine.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
PP is so simple. pull up to the front car so your rear bumpers are even and be 3' from the car. If its a cone, the cone will be the parked cars rear bumper. turn the steering wheel and begin to back up, when the parked cars rear bumber (or cone) is even with your passenger side door, begin to steer the other way but dont stop rolling durring the steer. Works every time.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I highly recommend brown's driving school. They charge 350 but I have sent all my kids through it and they passed with no problems. Browns will pick your child up at your house for actual driving practice in a small easy to handle car, pick up your kid on test day, let your kid take the test in the car they practiced in, take the child straight to examining station (no wait time in the DMV, that's worth a lot to me) and after the test, they will take your kid strait to the tag office and your kid comes home with license. It may be a bit pricey but worth every penny. Brown does all the leg work and your kid has a license.

Latest posts

Top Bottom