Dual Screen Monitor with vertical hinge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, yeah, I've seen the idea, but never seen any around.

I've seen plenty of those movable mounts that clamp onto the side of a desk that would reach tall enough to stack a monitor on top of another. Or you could tilt the monitors into landscape and add 2 more landscape monitors on the side. It's not quite double the height that he'd get with 2 stacked on top of each other, but it'd look cool as hell.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always dreamed back in the days of flight sim and some of the more powerful flying warefare games to have enough monitors to setup my own little cockpit with each having the correct view surrounding me.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basicly the idea is it would be two screens but they are connected, as Danny pointed out, much like a DS. Though I don't need a touch screen. The thing LighteningCrash posted would be closest to the idea he conveyed.

Get that stand (or one like it) and two LCDs with thin bezels.

Prefabbed solutions set up like that are going to be expensive.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like you just need a mount that can facilitate two monitors in a "stacked" fashion.

Any operating system past xp ought to be able to work with that type of configuration without much trouble. You can set the monitors to mirror, or be two separate desktops.

I'm running three monitors at work. All three side by side, two normal fashion and one in the middle rotated 90 degrees. The one on the left holds emails and programs I'm not currently working on. To the right goes my network monitoring tools and SQL management suite and in the center is my open code for whatever I'm currently working on.

If you're looking for some way to make two monitors interact in a different way, and I missed the point I'll try and answer it again.

At any rate, monitors are just displays. Software drivers and your os control how they operate.

Edit: Newegg is having issues tonight but a quick searched I found four to five dual monitor vertical stands that can be used on a desk. I'll try and link you to them in the morning.

If you've never bought anything from new egg buy with confidence. Their customer service and shipping policies are top notch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom