Edmond Memorial student charged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edmond Memorial student charged with assault in beating at school
Shakil Fields, 18, of Arcadia, is accused of hitting and kicking another student, Blake Sanchez, 15, on Feb. 25 in the boys bathroom at Edmond Memorial High School “with the intent to do bodily harm.”

"Prosecutors said Sanchez, 15, suffered a fractured skull when he was attacked in the boy's bathroom at the high school".

"Police reported Fields admitted hitting and stomping the other student, saying Sanchez used a racial slur and “got what he deserved.”

"Police reported Fields also said “this is what you get when you mess” with someone “from the hood.” Police reported Fields repeatedly described himself as a “Rolling 60s” gang member".

"Witnesses said the assault began because someone in the bathroom was singing a rap song, which has the slur in it, police reported"

.http://www.newsok.com/article/3547725

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cuz it's cool to be in a gang. Look at how many cool guys I know. We all get to live together...man we do everything together...all day. We eat together, shower together, work together. We all get to wear the same cool clothes. It's a blast.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the kid who got beat up wasn't rappin' the words correctly to that all time famous rap song...."If your crip throw it up"...by that all time famous rapper...Dr.Dizzy.....my favorite!!!:nutkick:

***The first time I heard my nephew rappin' this song, I dropped him off at the Rescue Center in downtown OKC and made him walk back to me at a restaurant in bricktown. When he arrived, he had a totally different attitude and he wasn't so tough anymore....Hmmmm....I wonder what changed his mind!!

Kids have got to remember one thing...Freedom of Speech(First Amendment) is free....its the cost of those words AFTER the statement!!

***I'm not advocating violence, and I do not know who was in the right and who was in the wrong****

I do remember certain "statements" I made as a young(immature) man and I had the right to make them.....it was the painful cost afterwards that my parents reminded me of the price for free speech!!!:D

Cohiba

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I admit that I am a little long in the tooth, but when I was in high school a 260 pound adult who beat the dog $#!& out of a skinny 15 year old would have been considered a sack of crap by everyone, including his friends. This guy is a coward who heard something he didn't like, didn't know who said it, and jumped on the easiest target he could find.

:twocents:

Cedar Creek

Last edited:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I admit that I am a little long in the tooth, but when I was in high school a 260 pound adult who beat the dog $#!& out of a skinny 15 year old would have been considered a sack of crap by everyone, including his friends. This guy is a coward who heard something he didn't like, didn't know who said it, and jumped on the easiest target he could find.

:twocents:

Cedar Creek

Shakil has never really backed down from anyone of any size - it took several police officers to get him down and a few threats (my mother works at Edmond Memorial).

15 year old or not, calling someone the N-word to their face (and then trying to play it off like you were singing a song - this is the version of the story I heard) is like calling their sister a B#@$ - that ain't got nothing to do with political correct-ness. And if that person is very much bigger than you, and known for being violent... its just plain stupid.

Should he have beaten him into a fractured skull? No. But a lot of those kids at Memorial are snot-nosed punks who think they can do/say whatever they want to and sometimes their mouths write checks that their butts can't cash and I'd say this was one of those instances.

I think Fields should be punished for beating him, but Sanchez should have known better.

How many Marines do we have on the board that would hesitate to whoop someone's ass for talking bad about the Military to their face regardless of how big they were?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many Marines do we have on the board that would hesitate to whoop someone's ass for talking bad about the Military to their face regardless of how big they were?

I would hope nobody here would fight over that. Especially since this is a board full of people that often carry guns. Leave the cockwalk in 8th grade where it belongs. The only fights a grown man should be in are the ones the ones that come to him.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would hope nobody here would fight over that. Especially since this is a board full of people that often carry guns. Leave the cockwalk in 8th grade where it belongs. The only fights a grown man should be in are the ones the ones that come to him.

While I do agree with part of that, there are a few things that a man should fight for rather it comes to him or not.

Money- not worth it
Words- nah not worth it
Family- HELL yes
Morals- depends on the topic

As a kid i had my fair share of gettin my ass kicked and handed out a few too but as a adult I know when to keep my mouth shut and walk away.....Some guys just gotta learn the hard way:twocents:

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shakil has never really backed down from anyone of any size - it took several police officers to get him down and a few threats (my mother works at Edmond Memorial).

15 year old or not, calling someone the N-word to their face (and then trying to play it off like you were singing a song - this is the version of the story I heard) is like calling their sister a B#@$ - that ain't got nothing to do with political correct-ness. And if that person is very much bigger than you, and known for being violent... its just plain stupid.

Should he have beaten him into a fractured skull? No. But a lot of those kids at Memorial are snot-nosed punks who think they can do/say whatever they want to and sometimes their mouths write checks that their butts can't cash and I'd say this was one of those instances.

I think Fields should be punished for beating him, but Sanchez should have known better.

I think you are WAY off base here my friend. How many times has a snotty ignorant kid said something that just pisses you off to no end. Plenty of times. But that doesn't mean you or me as an adult gets to whips the **** of them to "teach them a lesson". Nope, we as adults shrug it off because we know what ever that was said came from a inexperienced kid who doesn't know **** in the grand scheme of things. They're just words.

Latest posts

Top Bottom