Electricity Out - North Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May have lost one leg of the 220 feed to your house. The stuff on the good phase will still be on, the stuff on the open phase will be off. If you have an AC volt meter you can check the incoming lines at your fuse box.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the generator out and gassed up and then the lights came on. I hate to make ready for nothing but would rather have the utilities on. A couple years ago the electricity was out in the neighborhood. We had the generator running most of the house plus the outside Christmas lights. We had several neighbors visiting that night.

Kowell

New to the site!
Reaction score
The intersection just outside of my neighborhood is closed due to down power lines, who knows how long we'll be without power.

Luckily I'm visiting family in western Oklahoma until tomorrow.

fordguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is times like this that makes you realize we are only one hiccup from being back 100 years ago.
After the ice storm in 2011(maybe it was 2010) and without power for 7 days, I so appreciate electricity.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our power has been up and down with more down time. It just came back on about 30 minutes ago, but I am going to stay on the generator for at least 2 hours without a glitch before I switch back. The cable system has been out most of the day which is worse for me than the power. I don't have a substitution for the Internet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom