Electronic stores in Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a couple of new speakers for my home system, wanted to know where a good place to listen to them might be. Any suggestions ?

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to spend the extra cost for local suppliers, there are a few out there in Tulsa, Video Revolution was before my time, but all the old guys swear by it. When I went it, it seemed outdated and overpriced...but that is the woe of most mom/pop shops. Maybe try Ford Audio/Video, but they are typically the guys that cater to commercial.

I would honestly stick with Best Buy, for the somewhat latest models. If not, I would look to the Interwebz...Amazon or Crutchfield. I bought some locally from the classifieds on this website, and IMO got a smokin deal on a full 5 speakers. Check Craigslist for Tulsa...

Budget?

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In no particular order:

Video Revolution
Audio Advice
The side store inside Best Buy (I think it's Magnolia Hi Fi)

Unfortunately, most big electronic chains are gone. Back in the day, I worked for Circuit and Ultimate and both had a good selection of speakers. At Ultimate, I could show you speakers from $200 a pair to a $50k system. Now, the interwebz have killed most of them because they don't have to build stores. If you actually want to listen before you buy, go local. Yes, it may cost a little more.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just need a couple of small speakers for the height channels of my system. Around $200 max budget. I know I could save money on the web, but it would be nice if I could hear them first.

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your in Muskogee go check out soundworld. Ernie used to carry some pretty good home stuff. I have always been a big fan of paradigm and i am pretty sure he still has them but its been forever on my last trip there. If you go tell him James sent you. I worked there through college.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just need a couple of small speakers for the height channels of my system. Around $200 max budget. I know I could save money on the web, but it would be nice if I could hear them first.
I assume youre wanting them for Pro Logic IIz. Im just running some small bookshelf speakers for my heights and run them slightly lower in DBs than my mains. I had a set of Sony and a set of Yamaha bookshelves out in my home studio not being used so I went with the Yamaha's because they were smaller. Was glad when we finally could start using the technology weve been sitting on with our 7.1 ( and now 9.1).

Last edited:

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be using the new speakers in a 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos configuration. I was hoping to find a show room with speakers mounted high up.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And...I just realized how LONG it's been since I sold speakers for a living!

What is Dolby Atmos?

It is the latest audio codec for home and theater. Not sure how long it will last, but I have blu-rays and an amp that use it, so I might as well get the speakers too. It is just so new not many people know much about what will work well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom