Enfield MK1???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I can land a No. 4 MK1 in decent shape for $200 is that a decent deal? Or would I be overpaying and still be better off to hit the gun shows when they come to town?

Fly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beercules I envy you.But I don't think you have kept up with the market.
Enfields have gone though the roof.Go to gunbrokers.com & see what I mean.

Fly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Mosin Nagants are neat rifles and fun to shoot, but I'm not a big fan of beating the bolt open with a 2x4. Beercules you do know rifles[Broken External Image]

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I can land a No. 4 MK1 in decent shape for $200 is that a decent deal? Or would I be overpaying and still be better off to hit the gun shows when they come to town?

Yup that's a pretty decent price.

No don't wait on the gun show. If there's one there it'll run a heck of a lot more than that, unless you're naturally lucky. Almost everything I've seen at recdent shows has been high. Sure you might be able to deal them dowm, but why when you can score one at $200. You probably won't find a better deal at a gun show.

As stated above they do cock on closing. Be aware. And it might be a good idea to have the head space checked by a competent gunsmith. There seem to be a problem with that and enfields. Based purely on what I've been told. I've never personally had one with a problem, but people with more enfield experience than me always seem to suggest it.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup that's a pretty decent price.

No don't wait on the gun show. If there's one there it'll run a heck of a lot more than that, unless you're naturally lucky. Almost everything I've seen at recdent shows has been high. Sure you might be able to deal them dowm, but why when you can score one at $200. You probably won't find a better deal at a gun show.

As stated above they do cock on closing. Be aware. And it might be a good idea to have the head space checked by a competent gunsmith. There seem to be a problem with that and enfields. Based purely on what I've been told. I've never personally had one with a problem, but people with more enfield experience than me always seem to suggest it.

Thanks, I felt pretty good about $200 so I have tried to move on the deal. It's not a done deal but $200 is the neighborhood I started out in, hopefully I can keep it in that neighborhood b/c I can't afford much more than that. I probably will take it to a Smithy before I shoot it because of its age and because I want it to be ready to go. If I get one I'll want to take care of it because I hope to have and shoot it for a very long time. If the deal works out I'll post some pics. It could be awhile before the deal comes together though.

Beercules

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom