Enough of Made in China

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lighten up guys.
Don't you miss those fine Norinco and PolyTech SKS's, M14's. 1911's and Ak's (Mak90's)?
I remember paying $300 for a case of steel core ammo and a NIB Mak90 back in 1992.
Now those were the Chinese products I liked.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad bought a USED Kenmore Blender from a yard sale in Washington in 1993. He still using it until today... that was one tough SOB blender I know. Well because it was made in USA, printed in the bottom.

A best friend bought me a blender from Macy's and he paid a good amount of money for it and it didn't last very long, smoke came out while I blending to make a mix drink for my wife. Made in China printed in the bottom.

I do not have any problem with stuffs that made in chicom. Most of the stuffs around us today were made in china anyway. BUT I do not like to spend my hard earning money on some overprice items that made in china. Guess there aren't many choices out there. Stuffs made in USA or Japan are rare and almost extinct.

[email protected]

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to buy some athletic shoes on Christmas eve. I was deciding on between two pairs, one $20 cheaper and a bit more comfortable. Wanting to try the cheaper brand, I happened to look at the tag..."made in China", so I went with the other brand made in Vietnam (better? I don't know). Out of curiosity, I look at the shoes that I am wearing, the most comfortable and expensive shoes and my favorite ever..."Made in China"!! Which brings me to this morning. I'm telling my workout partner the story. I started thinking a little, my wife bought me some workout gloves for Christmas, I looked at the tag, "made in China". I looked at my elbow brace, "made in China", my Ipod, "made in China". After the workout, I'm getting ready for work looking at tags as I go along, neck tie, belt, workout bag, dress shoes, wallet, all made in China, my watch finally made in Japan, oh wait, the band is made in China. My shirt and dress pants are probably made in China, I'll check later.

I don't make new years resolutions, but maybe I will make one this year. I will be more conscientious of what I buy going forward concening where it is made. I sure don't want one of those bombs that have the capability of sinking our air craft carriers to have a tag on them "made with the financial support of Street Rat".

I know I won't be stop buying from China entirely, but enough is enough. We need to have some things made, sold and bought in the USA again.

i understand the sentiment,

having said that, good luck

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These should be some appropriate links:

MiO: http://www.madeinoklahoma.net/

OK Food COOP: http://www.oklahomafood.coop/ (Wichita Buffalo Company is AWESOME!)

Good links!

I had no idea Daddy Hinkle's was MIO. I knew there was a reason I love that stuff. :D

I too try to avoid chinese products, but it's near impossible, so I just buy USA products when I can.

I didn't know about the Roundhouse jeans. I looked them up, and they're made in Shawnee. I'll be buying them from now on as well.

IronMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to there site Roundhouse jeans are sold at some Walmarts in the Tulsa and OKC area as well as Cavanders and Drysdales. I do believe I will be buying Roundhouse jeans from now on.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is an amazing amount of goods at walmart that is made in u s and a.

next time you are in there, take a look. from time to time i will look and be like holy moley jee willakers made in usa. some stuff you just cant get around. i was needing a set of scales for the kitchen to weigh my jerky. i looked at every one of them and all made in china.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was younger everything was made in Japan, I remember tearing into my 67 mustang..it had japanese writing on everything, I came in the house griping about nothing being built in America anymore, Dad asked me what did the writing say? I told him "fomoco".....

RPO_Z06

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had several Mustangs of the 60's vintage, I can honestly say I don't remember ever running into a Japanese part on one, Canadian stuff on the other hand was everywhere.

I think the US goes through cycle's of buying from who has the most crap to offer us cheap and now, and China just happens to offer the most of both currently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom