Extra census polling interview legit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd give them the what for. I tell them I received a census letter in the mail that required me to go online with this "special code" I had to type in to get to the questionnaire. I talked to several people who received the same letter, some in an entirely different state. They all had the same code. Reading on their website it is a special ID number with letters and numbers that specifically track your address. Splain that Lucy.

The statutes provided are Title 13 Census
Section 141 description and purpose
Section 193 Additional information may be asked for statistical purposes
Section 221 Penalty for not responding $100 but that is for the initial census not the additional statistics.

If you feel uncomfortable, call the sheriff's office. The A.G. will not answer their phone and tell you to leave a message, take a number and wait for several weeks when they might return your call.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd bet the state AG don't do jack schitt. That's just my gut, but call me pessimistic.
You would be right. We have reported some internet scams where people in the state attempted to buy things from corrupted credit cards.
The person we talked to in LEO said the CC company would take care of it. We got our money back, but they never pursued the criminals that we could find out. We had their names, addresses, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom