Fat guy shooting team?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I was going to reply to the other comments in that string.... but this is the funniest one! :laughup:

That looks sweet man!

You guys should take the Harley out this weekend. BTW: I got the Cerakote in. I'll be doing some black this next week. But I found out that you have to use 100-120 grit blasting, preferably Aluminum Oxide... do you have any access to that? What was it that you gave LJ?

It's AO, but alot coarser than 100-120, seems like it is 36 or 46.

The glass bead I have here is 120, it should work just fine, we will crank the pressure up a bit.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the start of my memorial day weekend blows great green donkey dongs.

My backpack blower, weed eater and hedge trimmers all got stolen out of the back of my truck while I was mowing the back yard of one of my customers.
:censored:

I hate thieves....

The guy that does alot of the yards around me said his buddy lost a couple of weed eaters. Seems like you can't leave anything unlocked or it will grow legs.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

My backpack blower, weed eater and hedge trimmers all got stolen out of the back of my truck while I was mowing the back yard of one of my customers.

Freakin thieves! I totally get the cutting off the hand thing in other countries for such offenses!

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dude that really sucks. If you feel like coming out to the house, you can take my weedeater and after I get the parts in, I'll have an extra walk behind you can borrow.

The weedeater is a commercial Stihl (back when I used to mow) and the walk behind is a Toro.

Just don't sale them like the last guy I loaned a mower to. :)
It's AO, but alot coarser than 100-120, seems like it is 36 or 46.

The glass bead I have here is 120, it should work just fine, we will crank the pressure up a bit.
They said it has to be ALox because it opens up the pores in the metal.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Stan. I just need to replace weed eater for now, didn't lose a mower because I was mowing at the time. I have a handheld blower but it's not nearly as nice as my backpack blower.

Just ticks me off they'll probably sell them for crap money to buy dope, if they were going to use them to make money I might not be so ticked. I am going through last years receipts so I can at least get them reported stolen and get the serial numbers in the system. They try to pawn them they'll get hit that way at least.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Stan. I just need to replace weed eater for now, didn't lose a mower because I was mowing at the time. I have a handheld blower but it's not nearly as nice as my backpack blower.

Just ticks me off they'll probably sell them for crap money to buy dope, if they were going to use them to make money I might not be so ticked. I am going through last years receipts so I can at least get them reported stolen and get the serial numbers in the system. They try to pawn them they'll get hit that way at least.

I just upgraded my weedeater, my old one is a Snapper straight shaft dual line, still runs good.

You can have it.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just gotta step in and be the hero don't you Steve??? :)

Steve, Cerakote specifically says not to use glass because it doesn't open the pores, but rather to use 100-120 grit ALox or Garnett. What do you think?

http://www.nicindustries.com/images/techsheets/H-Series Application Guide.pdf

See number 3 specifically.

No heroism on my part, just getting the dang thing outa my garage....

Not sure where you can get the media, but if you come up with some you are welcome to use the facilities. HF only shows 220 and 70 grit online.

Latest posts

Top Bottom