Who rides a motorcycle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been really wanting something like this. How’s it do around town commuting and how’s it do off pavement?
I wouldn't take it on the hiway, I haven't finished braeking it in so 1/2 throttle for another couple hundred miles but they top out in the 60-65 MPH range but as far as commuting it's great, low seat height and VERY stable with the wide tires. Not sure about off road as I only have the bit of property and gravel roads but it does good in the sand spots out here. Most of the TW owners are in areas where they use them for off road more than on, I'd rate it at about 70% off and 30% on, I changed the sprockets from stock to make it a bit better road wise, stock gearing 1st gear would climb a tree, still would have no problems with anything in OK with the new sprockets. I mostly use it for a gas sipping grocery getter. Oh yeah, NO computers and carburated, only electrics are the CDI, very dependable.

Edit to add that with me on it I can load a little over 200 lbs on the bike.

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you. I'm a vintage guy and I love driving around town on my bike. If I was going to do some distance, I'd remember suspension and reliability.
Some folks rip the Honda Shadow 750 as an entry bike and of low quality. WRONG. It's a bike that's got room for you to add all you want. I've had the Harley's. Paid for the name. Upper end and the Junk too. I'd just get a bike depending on what you want to do with it. Remember it will spend most of it's life (probably) in the garage or shed.
Comfort is King so look at your body size. Honda (even Harley except you're paying for the name thing) have made comfortable rides with all the bells and whistles but again, how often are you going to ride it?

Reaction score
I ride a Street Glide Special. The one pic is from Tail of the Dragon and the other one is of my wife and I at a rally

Attachments

• 1000000409.jpeg
    1000000409.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 821.jpeg
    821.jpeg
    794 KB · Views: 0
  • 835.jpeg
    835.jpeg
    572.1 KB · Views: 0

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not True. Very sorry for your loss my best childhood friend was killed crossing the street after his paper route hit and run. Never found out who did it! Biking has been a great joy in my life Heck you risk your life walking out of the house
nowadays. No disrespect but its one of my greatest joys hop on and go unwind!

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple dirt bikes and an ATV. Been getting the itch for a street bike - why, I dunno, old man now but been getting the itch.

KG5VW

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahh, The "Dragon's tail". Wife and I took her old Mini there a fews years back, I was almost car sick while she drove.
Last 5 bikes were Harley's but went the other direction with this one for when gas gets to $10 a gallon. 81 MPG last time I checked.
View attachment 416306
I think I am ready for the $10 a gallon gas, my wife and I both have Honda GROM’s that average about 130 mpg. They will run about 55 mph and are reliable as hell. We changed the tires to a slightly more aggressive tread so we can take them on gravel roads since we live in rural Osage county. Great little bikes!

Attachments

• IMG_8168.jpeg
    IMG_8168.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom