Who rides a motorcycle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who did that stat collection! been riding here my whole life guess why it doesn't bother me.

the CDC, the Insurance institute for highway safety and the highway loss data institute

https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/motorcycles-and-atvs
https://www.cdc.gov/transportations...of these injuries and deaths are significant.
just to be clear though, adults should have the right to decide whether or not to use a motorcycle, as long as they're willing to accept all the liability and risk. but i wanted to get a bike at one point, and found the statistics shocking...i thought by sharing it, it might cause folks to be a bit more cautious about it...or atleast wear a helmet...

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the CDC, the Insurance institute for highway safety and the highway loss data institute

https://www.cdc.gov/transportations...of these injuries and deaths are significant.
just to be clear though, adults should have the right to decide whether or not to use a motorcycle, as long as they're willing to accept all the liability and risk. but i wanted to get a bike at one point, and found the statistics shocking...i thought by sharing it, it might cause folks to be a bit more cautious about it...or atleast wear a helmet...
yes i agree not for everyone.. you have to be really vigilant! and yes a hundred times to a helmet.. Evil broke every bone in his body at one time or another.. a testament to wearing a helmet

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes i agree not for everyone.. you have to be really vigilant! and yes a hundred times to a helmet.. Evil broke every bone in his body at one time or another.. a testament to wearing a helmet
I am not the cheerleader for motorcycling as I should be. I tell most people not to. I live in Norman and way too many cell phone looking at people here. I always point this out Norman police officer hit by car, receives injuries that was after only 4 months of having motorcycle cops here. Those guys go through a lot of training and still it happens. I think most people aren't paying attention to their surroundings. I've seen people who never should have been on a bike.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not the cheerleader for motorcycling as I should be. I tell most people not to. I live in Norman and way too many cell phone looking at people here. I always point this out Norman police officer hit by car, receives injuries that was after only 4 months of having motorcycle cops here. Those guys go through a lot of training and still it happens. I think most people aren't paying attention to their surroundings. I've seen people who never should have been on a bike.

Generally why I try to avoid city driving, it's dangerous everywhere but if I feel like cruising the city I usually wait for like Tuesday at 3 AM lol.

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Generally why I try to avoid city driving, it's dangerous everywhere but if I feel like cruising the city I usually wait for like Tuesday at 3 AM lol.
I try to stay away from OKC, but I've done the riding through the city on a Tuesday at 4 a.m. it is great. Or east bound I-40 out of the city around 4:30 a.m. only person for miles in my lanes while west bound into the city is already getting stupidly busy.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to stay away from OKC, but I've done the riding through the city on a Tuesday at 4 a.m. it is great. Or east bound I-40 out of the city around 4:30 a.m. only person for miles in my lanes while west bound into the city is already getting stupidly busy.

Yep. Other wise I just cruise 66 and stuff like that.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

When I decided to get another motorcycle after about a 30 year absence I made 2 decisions in order to stay alive. 1) almost never ride ‘in town’ I ride THRU town occasionally on my way somewhere and almost never on an interstate. 2) I added all the lights and other eye catching devices I could find PARTICULARLY modulated headlights that flash all the time. I never wanted it said over my dead body “ I never saw him” like so many fatal accidents are reported . I can’t tell you how many times people have started to pull out in front of me and then stopped. I know it’s the modulated headlights. Sometimes they even pull over thinking I’m some sort of emergency vehicle. Sorry, but they saw me.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finished my last part of the electrical on my 1975 Honda CB 360t full rebuild. Did it from scratch using tons of sweat, 0000 pads, and 6 years of my life. Decided to put it in our local Car show that has unreal top cars/truck/motorcycles and rat rods. Mod and unmod it's a great little show. I've never done a show but wife said to go show off your hard work and I did. I was floored when I won Best Of Show. I didn't even expect to place in my division. But to win over all those great entries and it being the first motorcycle to win Best In Show, I'm humbled and feel like a kid. Came with a thorny and 500 bucks which I donated the money back to the school that was sponsoring the event to raise money for teachers classroom supplies. Very cool. Here's a pic
Best in show 1.jpg
Best in show 2.jpg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finished my last part of the electrical on my 1975 Honda CB 360t full rebuild. Did it from scratch using tons of sweat, 0000 pads, and 6 years of my life. Decided to put it in our local Car show that has unreal top cars/truck/motorcycles and rat rods. Mod and unmod it's a great little show. I've never done a show but wife said to go show off your hard work and I did. I was floored when I won Best Of Show. I didn't even expect to place in my division. But to win over all those great entries and it being the first motorcycle to win Best In Show, I'm humbled and feel like a kid. Came with a thorny and 500 bucks which I donated the money back to the school that was sponsoring the event to raise money for teachers classroom supplies. Very cool. Here's a pic
View attachment 417478 View attachment 417479

Nice work Al, very nice work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom