Favorite summer Sunday afternoon cocktails???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, got ribs cookin'. Making some fresh sweet-and-sour mix. Whiskey sours are nice, got some Weller's 107, which makes a very nice whiskey sour when your mix is fresh-made.

Tried some Italian margaritas a few weeks ago, they were great, if a little on the sweet side for me. I've got most of the things you could need to make some good cocktails, I just need some ideas. I'm usually a single-malt guy, neat. But I think I wanna try some cool summer cocktails tonight.

Let's see, what all have I got?

Tequila - white and gold
Vodka - just regular old Absolut, and some strawberry-banana crap that seems to have been left here by someone
Rum - lots, Bacardi Limón, Kraken spiced, Sunset rum (plain Caribbean turpentine - that sh*t will peel paint), some 18 y/o dark rum I picked up in Nicaragua a couple of weeks ago, Malibu, etc. Also have cachaça to make caipirinhas
Whisky/whiskey - several including honey and cinnamon and other plain types
Liqueurs - also lots - hazelnut, amaretto, coffee, Midori, Grenadine, Gran Marnier, Tuaca (both regular and cinnamon vanilla)
Got your regular mixers, too - bitters, vermouth (both sweet and dry?), martini olives, etc.

I really need to get a real liquor cabinet - all this sh*t has taken up 2 whole shelves and is spilling over onto a third. And those are deep pullout shelves.

So gimme some ideas? We've already done mojitos a few weeks back, so we may fall back on that, but I'm just looking around.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Salty dogs are my favorite pool drink in the summer.
Gilbeys gin, texun grape fruit juice from the can only! None of that grape fruit juice cocktail crap that's mostly grape juice.
A little salt on the rim and ice. Had one once where the host squeezed lime juice and water into ice trays and froze, then added to the salty dog

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh gin, yes, I forgot I have that, too. Bombay Sapphire. Never had a salty dog, but I despise grapefruit, so it doesn't sound like something I'd like.

The Brandy Ice got me thinkin'... I wonder if I have any Blue Moon in the cabinet or fridge? And some vanilla ice cream...

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jack & Coke......with ice

Malibu Rum & Coke.......with ice

George Dickel # 12 & 7-Up.......with ice

Man..........wish I was spending Sunday afternoon with relatives jeepin' up around Telluride, Colorado with a Jack & Coke, fishin' the Dolores River!!!
i.imgur.com_GbkIAW4.jpg

OR

A slow and mellow game of poker this Sunday afternoon at Binion's with either a Jack & Coke or Malibu Rum & Coke(They don't have George Dickel#12)

media_cdn.tripadvisor.com_media_photo_s_01_23_f1_68_las_vegas.jpg

vegasmavens.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_04_binions_pokerroom_wm.jpg

In a couple of weeks...........Vegas Baby, Vegas!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom