The (New) Adult Beverage thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife picked me up a bottle of Sazerac rye yesterday. When I was in earlier in the week "my whiskey guy" told me he was getting in only 3 bottles and one was spoken-for, but if I wanted to try it, he would hold one for me. He highly recommended it.

I tried the High West and it was ok. Seemed to fit the profile of a spicy, kind of wake-me-up. I was too involved in something else or wiped out or something to pay too much attention. I liked it. I don't see it replacing my mildly sweet Highland single-malts, but it is a good alternative to "spice" things up once in a while - without the peat/smoke that kills my gut in Islays. So I'll see how the Sazerac comes out, too.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright so now what about scotches. I love the Islays i.e. peaty, smoky ones. Favorites currently are Laphroaig 10 year, Bowmore 15 year, Lagavulin.

What says you guys (or gals)?

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My neighbor just brought over a bottle of Bunnahabhain 12 scotch for feeding his dogs while they were on vacation.
Anyone try this one?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not tried the Bunna..... bunna... bunnykiller Scotch.

I am not an Islay guy, though single malt Scotch is 1000000% my drink of choice. I like the Highlands more, the smoke/peat doesn't appeal to me (I'm a smoker, too, go figure, lol) and it tears up my stomach, too. I've got some Bowmore and some Laphroig that've been sitting in my cabinet waiting for a Sunday when I was out of everything else in the whole liquor cabinet. lol

My favorite everyday kinda single-malt is without a doubt The Balvenie Doublewood 12-year. I tend to gravitate more to the sherry-finished single malts like the Doublewood and Glenmorangie Lasanta, Macallan 12, etc.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and I was going to add....

If you like whiskey sours, try adding a splash of bitters. Did that Sat morning and DAMN it was good! Then the second one I added 2 splashes. And it was good, too! It gives it a much more full-bodied flavor. Very nice. I don't do the egg white in it. Up till now, it's just been 3-4 oz of whiskey, 2-3 oz of my homemade sweet & sour and ice. Adding the bitters has really changed the whole drink for me! :D

I'll probably try my first rye whiskey sour in about 4.5 hours. :D

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
product-piehole-pecan-pie.jpg

Killed a bottle of this last night. lol
Not bad for shots with friends

Latest posts

Top Bottom