Fictional Books That Could Happen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because everyone should have a hard copy, paperback and a Kindle version of this book
IMG_7892.jpeg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned this book before but good reading on a snow bound day. One Second After by William Forstchen. While the book is based on an EMP destroying the power grid it seems our current electric, gas, and water systems are pretty weak as it is. West Texas windmills frozen, Draper Lake water supply down quite a while yesterday, natural gas demand high, and empty grocery shelves. Many of us dependent on the everyday conveniences would be in big trouble if these systems fail. Certainly gives one something to think about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
SWMBO spent much of her time reading it criticizing the many flaws in their responses to the event. We've been through a number of hurricanes and similar events. Plus a bit of "homesteading" on previously unimproved land while we were still young and on a limited budget. Also separated by an inconvenient remote tour that put me in Diyarbakir for a year... :cry11:

Latest posts

Top Bottom