Finally found some .22 bulk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I live in a one horse town, (ponca city) where the only ammo source is wally world, I make a point of stopping in there to check on their ammo.

They NEVER have any ammo.:confused:

Went in there today, and the counter guy asked if I needed anything. I told him I needed .22 bulk ammo, but looks like the shelf was empty. He said he had plenty, and got down on his hands and knees and reached WAY back in a bottom shelf, and got out a box of Rem 550 count. Asked him how many he had and his reply was "plenty".:angry3:
I only took two boxes, but learned a lesson to ASK and not just look where they used to be.

tacoma

Marksman
Reaction score
I have looked at shelves at one Wally where I buy the 22, it is on the bottom shelf. There have been times when It appeared they were all gone. Took a closer look there were several boxes pushed in the very back. Someone may buy the first four or so, then the cashier wont reach back and pull the rest forward.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. I picked up some yesterday. I agree they don't carry ammo on their shelves very well, but a couple months ago I did get 250 rounds of 9mm.

I did leave some .22s. They had 4 boxes of Remington (550 Pack) and 2 of the Federal (325 pack) left over when I left.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
learned a lesson to ASK and not just look where they used to be.

Same thing today at the Wallyworld in BA at 145th and 71st. You have to ask for it there too. Whats in the glass display case isnt necessarily all they have. I found out. I asked for some .40 FMJ and .22 bulk and he got it from under the register instead of in the display case,then he asked me something I havent heard in a longggg time. "How much do you want?". Wowow. Huh? Like a kid in a candy store. Ok. I checked myself and didnt get greedy. I only bought what I needed and left the rest for ya'all.

I got 3 50rnd boxes of Federal 180grn FMJ in .40sw and a 550rnd value pack box of .22lr Remington Golden Bullets.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just found out today that Wally World (at least the one in Ponca City) is starting to carry 45 Long Colt ammo.

They had 3 boxes of 45 LC today, but no 9mm, 45 auto, 22 LR.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Tulsa the best walmart ammo display case is the one @ 71st & Memorial. It's a 7ft high case with no counter in front of it. You can walk up to it and look all you want.

The worst is the Sand Springs Walmart. EVERYTHING is under the counter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom