Fire mission Tulsa. Save the Brady name.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
M.B. Brady Street? How stupid can Tulsa be? So, now they are going to spend $10,000 to change all of the street signs, and now everyone on that street is going to have to change their address (per KOTV) because they added two letters......good God. Couldn't they have just left it as "Brady", and said it wasn't named for Tate, but for M.B.? Would have saved a whole lotta money, and a whole lotta trouble. But hey - concentrate on what's important.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious, did Tulsa also waste taxpayer dollars on the renaming Boulder Park to Veteran's Memorial Park?

Or is it just when things are "important specifically to me" that it's not considered a waste?

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious, did Tulsa also waste taxpayer dollars on the renaming Boulder Park to Veteran's Memorial Park?

Or is it just when things are "important specifically to me" that it's not considered a waste?

I think it should still be considered a waste when a city doesn't have extra funds IDK if Tulsa does or not I don't live in Tulsa, but I do think its total crap that someone who has a business on the street is going to have to change everything, its not just their address, its business cards, letterhead, signs anything that has their business info and as a person who owns their own business I would be some kind of pissed if this happened to me. That would cause me a great personal expense not to mention mountains of paperwork filling out forms etc to change my address with the various commissions and vendors I work with. What a nightmare, I think the business owners should file a class action suit against the person that started this in order to recoup some of their costs and I am not a particularly sue happy person and yes I know that the only person that benefits from a class action are the attorneys, i'm just blowing steam. ;-)

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it should still be considered a waste when a city doesn't have extra funds IDK if Tulsa does or not I don't live in Tulsa, but I do think its total crap that someone who has a business on the street is going to have to change everything, its not just their address, its business cards, letterhead, signs anything that has their business info and as a person who owns their own business I would be some kind of pissed if this happened to me. That would cause me a great personal expense not to mention mountains of paperwork filling out forms etc to change my address with the various commissions and vendors I work with. What a nightmare, I think the business owners should file a class action suit against the person that started this in order to recoup some of their costs and I am not a particularly sue happy person and yes I know that the only person that benefits from a class action are the attorneys, i'm just blowing steam. ;-)

Ya know what, though? I bet for YEARS to come, mail to that street will still be listed as "123 N Brady" or whatev, because, ya know what? There isn't another Brady street!

If I had a business on that street, I wouldn't waste my time changing anything. When time came to order new business cards, I'd change it then. When the time came to order new letterhead, I'd change it then.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
M.B. Brady Street? How stupid can Tulsa be? So, now they are going to spend $10,000 to change all of the street signs, and now everyone on that street is going to have to change their address (per KOTV) because they added two letters......good God. Couldn't they have just left it as "Brady", and said it wasn't named for Tate, but for M.B.? Would have saved a whole lotta money, and a whole lotta trouble. But hey - concentrate on what's important.

Have to bow before the political correct reich. common sense gets thrown out the window.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the citizens of Tulsa give a !@#@, and frankly, as an Oklahoman and a Native American I give a !@#@. It's like keeping "Hitler Blvd."

Sometimes some things are objectively offensive and really do need to change. Is telling someone to stop calling a woman a "*****" PC? How about naming a street, "PMS ***** Boulevard?" Would that be acceptable? This is a matter of respect for the people who are genuinely offended. PC has nothing to do with it, and labeling it "PC" is a red herring that dismisses the real issue.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya know what, though? I bet for YEARS to come, mail to that street will still be listed as "123 N Brady" or whatev, because, ya know what? There isn't another Brady street!

If I had a business on that street, I wouldn't waste my time changing anything. When time came to order new business cards, I'd change it then. When the time came to order new letterhead, I'd change it then.

I think it depends on the kind of business you operate, my business for instance I would have to notify everyone and their brother because of regulations etc.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1209042_423734861072351_933070874_n.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom