First time buyer has questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi All,
I seem to run into a lot of road blocks when I ask questions about being a owner of a Sub Gun. As some of you all know that I live in Kansas so I don't fit in very well.
I have found a goos deal on a Sten MkII, it is located in Colorado. The way I understand this is that the owner has to send in a new form 4 asking for a trasfer tax stamp to go to a Kansas class 3 dealer, and after my kansas dealer gets the stamp and the gun, then the dealer and I filled out the paper work and I send it in with my $200.00. I have heard that it takes from 60 days to 120 days for my transfer.
What I am trying to find out is, how long does the transfer from owner to dealer take??
If a person is a SOT 7 can he be my dealer??
Does anyone know of a Class 3 dealer in the east part of Kansas?
I would be very great full for any help.
Thanks
Ace

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,
I seem to run into a lot of road blocks when I ask questions about being a owner of a Sub Gun. As some of you all know that I live in Kansas so I don't fit in very well.
I have found a goos deal on a Sten MkII, it is located in Colorado. The way I understand this is that the owner has to send in a new form 4 asking for a trasfer tax stamp to go to a Kansas class 3 dealer, and after my kansas dealer gets the stamp and the gun, then the dealer and I filled out the paper work and I send it in with my $200.00. I have heard that it takes from 60 days to 120 days for my transfer.
What I am trying to find out is, how long does the transfer from owner to dealer take??
If a person is a SOT 7 can he be my dealer??
Does anyone know of a Class 3 dealer in the east part of Kansas?
I would be very great full for any help.
Thanks
Ace

Ace,

What ATF form is the Sten on currently?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It all depends on BATFE. I have read about dealer to dealer transfers taking two days. I have also read about others taking 6 months. The normal time for a transfer from a dealer to an individual or vice versa will probably take anywhere from 60-120 days.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming it is currently on a form 4 and you dont have an FFL of any kind....Yes the owner can form 4 it to your Kansas dealer. You can use a Licensed manufacturer ( 07 ) FFL as long as his SOT is paid. I would not expect it to to take any shorter then one month and longer then 3 months. Once your dealer has it in his possession he will then for 4 it to you with the standard wait time.

Both form 4's will require a 200 dollar tax Each

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!
You all gave me the answers that I thought would happen. With my luck I won't see my gun for at least 6 months.
The gun is on a form 4.
Thank you guys so much for the answers.
Later
Ace

Latest posts

Top Bottom